Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Nissan Daytona front master cylinder. Nonce I realized no one heard of it I realized finding an aftermarket lever was going to be next to impossible - I was right.

I then contacted fp racing because I have their levers on bike now. FP said send us your new master along with existing brake lever and we will build a perch for it. The only cost to me is shipping. They in turn will get a new offering for their r and d department. The Nissan Daytona is pretty popular on eBay and Amazon so FP will have something to offer the budget minded customers who can't afford the higher end levers and masters.

FP has a customer for life in me. Give them some business if you can.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Glad to hear it.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
It sounds like you have an oem master cyl. They won't get a new offering, but the only way to find what oem master cyl you purchased is for them to see it in person. For liability the lever manufacturers need to see it. I'm assuming you're the person who called us a few times. There are some levers that are super close in fitment so levers will install, but the wrong one will cause a lock up. The lever manufacturers know the critical dimensions and and where to measure to confirm what lever your master cyl requires.

Mike at FP is great though. He'll take care of you for sure :fact

BTW hold off on your FP levers for a week or two as we will be having some new offerings out shortly...some R6 specific as well. Just a tip ;)

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Nissin? or Nissan?
Nissin...same problem with people that can't figure out there isn't an "n" in steering damper.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it nissin -auto correct got me and I didn't proof. Wow surprised I didn't get flamed. This site is the most brutal of any I have ever visited :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like you have an oem master cyl. They won't get a new offering, but the only way to find what oem master cyl you purchased is for them to see it in person. For liability the lever manufacturers need to see it. I'm assuming you're the person who called us a few times. There are some levers that are super close in fitment so levers will install, but the wrong one will cause a lock up. The lever manufacturers know the critical dimensions and and where to measure to confirm what lever your master cyl requires.

Mike at FP is great though. He'll take care of you for sure :fact

BTW hold off on your FP levers for a week or two as we will be having some new offerings out shortly...some R6 specific as well. Just a tip ;)
Corey you are correct I am the one. I shipped it out day after his offer. Wish I could have held off but bike upgrade project has me two weeks behind and way more problems and money than I thought. I wish I had the money to go full out but this will have to do for now. Lots of lessons learned on this tear down. I am sure it probably is a new stock mc but will be better than I had. Next bike I have I will make y'all my first stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts