Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so when i first got my bike i crashed it and the frame sliders were ruined so i took them off.. I noticed recently that the frame is not connected to the engine where the frame sliders go and the hole is a little off centered.. how should i go about re centering the hole to put the bolts back.. i feel like an idiot not noticing this before. any ideas? ill put some pics up in a little bit

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
ok, so here's the pic of what im talking about.. both sides are dropped a little and off centered. should i try and jack the bike up by the engine and putting the bolts in once the holes are centered, would that be safe? Also, i took the sliders off months ago.. could there be any damage by having the engine angle off by a couple mm for that period of time?

Thumbnail:

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I would try to use the ratchet type straps around the frame and under the motor and tighten it up to bring the motor inline with the holes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm.. the bolts don't go in all the way, i guess ill have to buy new stock ones. and there is still some space around them. so unless stock ones are thicker, i should be fine with the frame slider bolts right? or do they need to be tight up against the frame and block. any one have any bolts they wanna get rid of off a 99-02 r6? local shop wants 10 bucks for the pair, cheaper would be nice :)

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
hmmm.. the bolts don't go in all the way, i guess ill have to buy new stock ones. and there is still some space around them. so unless stock ones are thicker, i should be fine with the frame slider bolts right? or do they need to be tight up against the frame and block. any one have any bolts they wanna get rid of off a 99-02 r6? local shop wants 10 bucks for the pair, cheaper would be nice :)
Go to home depot or lowes. The bolt should not be threated all the way to the top of the bolt. You should find one that is close enough. Use antiseize on the bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts