Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to cut any of the plastics in order to install frame sliders on the 03? and what are some good companies of frame sliders?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Intuitive racing kits are probably my favorite. 150 for frame, clutch, bar ends, and swingarm sliders.

Gravesmotorsports.

The cox racing ones look alot like the graves sliders, and like penfold said, check them out. Us members here also get 10% off from cox :jump

·
Registered
504 Posts
If anybody finds about whether you have to drill holes in the bodywork of the 03 let me know. I would call and talk to them myself but work is hell.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Intuitive Sliders you'll need to cut out a 1 7/8" hole or 2" on the right side. With the smaller hole, you will need to be perfectly centered as the hole is just barely bigger than the slider. Also, you may want to spend extra $$$ on Intuitive rearset sliders. I have all the sliders on my bike and when I lo-sided the rearset and frame saved 98% of my plastics!!! :jump

·
Registered
409 Posts
Try the motovation or shogun street sliders you dont have to cut your plastics but theyre more expensive

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow.. thanks for the input guys! ...how much are the motovation and shogun sliders? if you dont have to cut the fairings... might be well worth the money.. you know?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey I just adde the frame sliders from Motorvation and they are pretty easy to do. I wanted something with no cutting and these are the ones. The only thing I notice was the one on the right side will spin unless you add locktight. When adding that one you have to remove the middle faring or just bend it enough to remove that engine mount screw.

Blade

http://www.motovationusa.com/2003r6.html

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just got my motovation frame sliders from aprilia forum and they fit perfect and no holes to cut

·
Registered
995 Posts
i still prefer yamahas own sliders for the 03,u have to cut the fairing,but i prefer to cut the fairing under controlled conditions, then to put on some weakass sliders that that don't need any cutting but brake the first time u lay your badboy down

·
Registered
409 Posts
doesnt cutting your fairing defeat the purpose of having frame sliders and Bravo I didnt know you had experience with that brand next time I have a question I'll ask you first since it seems like you know so much :stupic :stupic

·
Registered
995 Posts
frame sliders r for stopping damage when u either drop the bike while standing still or slide it while on the move.i wiegh seven an half stone.i took about a cm out of the fairing,painted the edge with black touch up,and that saved my bike the four times i dropped it.makes sence to me

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
I got the Shogun street sliders on my 03 R6, have any of you guys had any experience with these kind? Are they any good :?:

·
Registered
409 Posts
mine will do the same without ruining the fairing and I dont speak your gibrish brit talk seven an half stone ? WTF Shogun is just like my motovation sliders MIKEEh76 no fairing slauter

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
03r6sbk, Motovation was one of my choices for the street sliders,
yeah i was very hesitant on slicin' up the fairings so i went with
Shoguns street @ ebay. It was hard for me to find the Motovation
at that time, especially the black w/ white lettering which looks trick.

For now the Shoguns will work for me, until that time (which i hope
will never happen) i drop the bike and we'll see if the one with the off-set
holds up and not end up being bent like everyone says about street sliders. But since i don't plan on taking my bike on the tracks or doing
some high speed riding on a country road yet, for now i will stick with
the street version.

:twisted:

·
Registered
995 Posts
03r6sbk,i woz trying to say because of my wieght i'v dropped the bike while standing still four times,if yamaha have designed the bike then designed sliders for that bike and allowed there tuning fork logo to go on the sliders,then the fact that yamaha say take abit out of the fairing to fit the best possible sliders is warranted,else they wouldn't put there name to it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I HAVE THE SHOGUNS ON MY R6 03' AND RECENTLY HAD A NICE SPILL. THEY WORKED BEAUTIFULLY. MY SIDES WERE PROTECTED AS SAID THEY WOULD. PLUS I HAD THE ONES THAT REQUIRED NO MODS OR CUTTING.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts