Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I picked up my 2006 r6 and converted it to a track bike last year. It came with woodcraft sliders, but in my opinion, they don't stick out nearly as far as I want them to. The woodcrafts are the style that required me to cut a nice round hole in my race body work, so I do not need the "no cut" style. Can anybody recommend an inexpensive set of the traditional round delrin style sliders that are not the "no cut style". All the ones I see on ebay are usually no cut. Some are so cheap that they don't even have to aluminum inserts the help secure the base of the slider to the frame. My buddy bought a set that was soley the slider and a bolt. As he tightened the bolt, it kept digging into the slider and chewing it up. I attached some picks of how far mine stick out just for reference. I'm curious if I buy the no cut style and just don't use the offset bracket if they will still work....

The second pic is more of what I'm looking for.....minus the stupid carbon look tape that's on it. I beleive they will stick out an extra inch or so vs. the woodcraft style.

URL=http://s15.photobucket.com/user/standman4320/media/image_zpsf7c55383.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
If they stick out to far they will catch and cause the bike to tumble. I think woodcraft makes longer pucks tho

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Woocraft is one of, if not, the best frame sliders you can have. Like Bryan said, if they stick out too far, they can catch and flip your bike.

·
Trash Panda Racing
278 Posts
If they stick out to far they will catch and cause the bike to tumble. I think woodcraft makes longer pucks tho

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
:fact

Either snap off on impact or catch and flip from being so long.

The base on the left side of the carbon sliders will do more harm than good with how it's designed. It's free spinning on the engine bolt so it'll tear up your plastics. I ended up using a different base and modifying the pucks. Trying to upgrade to WC or the like now.

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,058 Posts
keep the woodcrafts. they are the best...

s3aturnr
:fact

*notsoninjaedit* As said you don't want them sticking out too far. The point of frame sliders is to protect the frame, if your track plastics get scuffed....that's what you bought them for. Better to protect that several thousand dollar bike than the $400-$700 set of fiberglass.

My woodcrafts just saved me a ton on a highside 2 months ago. Bike laid down on it's left side and slid to a stop without tumbling.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
If you get armor bodies track fairing they wont require you to cut into the body work if I am correct thus eliminating your problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As others have said, the Woodcrafts are short for a reason. Short and rounded edges means they won't cause your bike to catch in the grass and flip. Don't potentially sacrifice your entire bike for longer sliders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts