Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
My R6 eats me. True.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be ordering frame sliders soon just wondering what you guys think of the no cut vs cut sliders. Id really hate to cut my fairings at all but if its worth it I'll do it.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
The are all worthless. Youll either break an engine bolt or the bike will flip and the damage done will be 10x if you didnt have the sliders on in the first place.
I've never seen Woodcrafts with the recommended shorty pucks ever flip a bike. Ever.

Edit: Or even heard of one.

·
make the snow go away!!
215 Posts
I guess it depends on the type of drop. I've seen countless bikes saved from major damage by woodcraft sliders. Other armor would help a lot like tank sliders and what have you. But the point the op is looking for is not if they cause damage. Just what ones work well cut vs non.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Woodcraft (cut) worth it. Like highside I've never heard or seen an r6 with woodcraft frame sliders flip. They don't stick out as far as the others and are rounded off. The cut on the one side is super easy and worth it. I've heard more people having a bent slider from the no cut in a slide. Just imo though. Cut works better (woodcraft) imo :fact

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I've never seen Woodcrafts with the recommended shorty pucks ever flip a bike. Ever.

Edit: Or even heard of one.
I don't know any frame slider can make the claim of "not" flipping a bike.
I know when I low sided at 90... the low profile LSLs I had spun the bike completely around where the footpeg augered in and the bike did a spectacular triple gainer. Even the corner workers were impressed. Normal low sides just slide off the track with no drama and maybe highside onto the throttle side occassionaly. :D

Im guessing the OP doesn't have race body which makes the sliders an even more moot point.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,506 Posts
cut for street
engine case covers for track.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cut. Always.

The reason why people always recommend Woodcraft is because its so common, and it works so well. Esp on the track.

Don't be scared to cut your fairings. All you need to do is tape it up w/ blue painter's tape, and get a decent hole saw. It literally takes ONE MINUTE to cut a professional looking hole to install your sliders.

Again, do not be intimidated by cut sliders. You will not regret it.

No ragrets.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Cut. Have woodcrafts on mine and they have saved me from the drops in the driveway and garage (could have sword I put the kickstand down before I took it off the rear stand......)

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
525 Posts
Cut. Have woodcrafts on mine and they have saved me from the drops in the driveway and garage (could have sword I put the kickstand down before I took it off the rear stand......)
Lol, I did the EXACT same thing the other day. I was on my balcony just about to start a big trip for the weekend. Lucky I wasn't 2 feet closer to the building or it would have tipped over right through a sliding glass door.

I had some crappy no-name, no-cut frame sliders off ebay. From a standing stop the weight of the bike tipping over was enough to break the offset one in 1/2 and send it flying. I never expected them to survive a slide, now I know they wouldn't have.

On the other hand, when it broke it absorbed all the energy and I was left with not a single scratch anywhere on the bike. I was only expecting them to protect the plastics from a standing drop, and they did, so I guess I got my $20 worth out of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.