Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice as to which frame sliders to get for my 2007 R6!
I've never bough sliders before, but I hear having cheap ones defeats the purpose of having them there in the first place :yuk:. So my question is... What're some of the better quality frame sliders I can buy that are reasonably priced?
:confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Woodcraft are probably the best. Might want to look into tank sliders too depending on what kind of riding you do. The tanks have an issue with grinding the corner down and catching fire. I have ETIs on mine but do track riding as well.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
they are all worthless. Not sure what they are supposed to protect but when you do crash them they will do more damage than protection.
Just speak from experience.

Spend your money on tank sliders (eti ones) & case covers.

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I've never bough sliders before, but I hear having cheap ones defeats the purpose of having them there in the first place :yuk:. So my question is... What're some of the better quality frame sliders I can buy that are reasonably priced?
Tank guards are nice, but if you want frame sliders go with Woodcraft for sure. You haft to cut your mid a little, but its easy.

"It just doesn't matter"

Attachments

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
they are all worthless. Not sure what they are supposed to protect but when you do crash them they will do more damage than protection.
Just speak from experience.

Spend your money on tank sliders (eti ones) & case covers.
For street use I've found sliders to be useful in a low side....

On the track not so much.

·
Chicken Strips Sold Out
473 Posts
I've experienced a low side on my bike on the street.
Sliders amazingly did the job.
If you high side, I don't think anything will help.
Can't speak for anything on the track since I have never been on the track.
The sliders that I use is is motovationusa sliders and they are high quality in my terms.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The $30 chinese ebay frame sliders work great if you are at a stop and gently lay the bike down on its side.

My last lowside I used em and at 50mph (gentle lowside) they wore down halfway before just breaking off and offering zero protection.

Recently replaced with a Shogun set that includes Frame sliders, bar end sliders, and spool sliders. Think I paid around $110 and they seem pretty heavy duty. Whenever considering the cost of sliders, be sure to factor in that when you go down the damage will massively outweigh the cost of even the super fancy sliders. (so yeah plz learn from my mistakes!)

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
if you get any slider at all, it should be woodcraft. but, look into case covers or at the very least, case savers if you want a much better chance of being able to limp your bike home if you fall off somewhere.

with stuff like this, you generally get what you pay for. case covers are fairly expensive, especially when compared to sliders, but are WELL worth it...

s3aturnr

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
if you get any slider at all, it should be woodcraft. but, look into case covers or at the very least, case savers if you want a much better chance of being able to limp your bike home if you fall off somewhere.

with stuff like this, you generally get what you pay for. case covers are fairly expensive, especially when compared to sliders, but are WELL worth it...

s3aturnr
+1^^.
I run woodcraft frame sliders, spools and front axle sliders. I also have the 3 piece Leo Vince carbon fiber case covers..

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Registered
43 Posts
+1^^.
I run woodcraft frame sliders, spools and front axle sliders. I also have the 3 piece Leo Vince carbon fiber case covers..

"It just doesn't matter"
I have those Leo Vince CF covers and I don't think that will do anything in a fall. Looks like it's strictly cosmetic.

Maybe if dropped your bike on your driveway they would prevent scratches on your covers but they cost MORE then the covers themselves.

Looks super cool though.....

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
I have those Leo Vince CF covers and I don't think that will do anything in a fall. Looks like it's strictly cosmetic.

Maybe if dropped your bike on your driveway they would prevent scratches on your covers but they cost MORE then the covers themselves.

Looks super cool though.....
Lets hope neither of us find out the hard way..
But I would hope the cf and Kevlar reinforced backing would help.:)

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Still learning
271 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts