Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 07 r6 came with frame sliders but, there was an issue with one of them being faulty so I took both off the bike. Now I noticed there was no modification to my fairings and, my frame sliders have a notch in them so the fairing just kind of sits in the notch.

Well I have been looking at buying a new set online but most say fairing modification will be needed. I dont want to have to cut my fairings and I am not sure where to find these type of frame sliders that the previous owner put on the bike. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

·
track junkie
2,251 Posts
Hey guys my 07 r6 came with frame sliders but, there was an issue with one of them being faulty so I took both off the bike. Now I noticed there was no modification to my fairings and, my frame sliders have a notch in them so the fairing just kind of sits in the notch.

Well I have been looking at buying a new set online but most say fairing modification will be needed. I dont want to have to cut my fairings and I am not sure where to find these type of frame sliders that the previous owner put on the bike. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!
the kind of sliders you're referring to are "no-cut" sliders. in my opinion, they are worse than useless. if you want to protect your bike with frame sliders, your best bet is to get a set of woodcraft sliders. they are almost universally considered the best available.

cutting your fairings is a small price to pay for protecting the important parts underneath. i would also go so far as to say that you should also consider either case covers or case savers as well. woodcraft makes great case covers and, if you're on a budget, yoshimura makes case savers that bolt over your stock case covers.

there are some people who swear by frame sliders. i no longer use them, but that is a personal choice. i use the case savers. frame sliders, especially those that are really long, have a tendency to catch or grab onto something and cause the bike to tumble instead of just slide, making a mess out of much more than just one side of your bike.

don't be afraid to do a little cutting for the overall good of your bike. take your time and i'll bet you can make it look like it was meant to be there in the first place...

s3aturnr

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts

No cut frame sliders it what you're looking for. I bit the bullet and got Woodcraft. But you have to cut the frame to use them.

Remember with no cut you always run the risk of this happening. So don't buy OES sliders.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=Spiegler:Frame Sliders

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
FAIRINGS, not frame. don't scare the guy any more than he already is! :D

s3aturnr
He lives in upstate NY he should be afraid of the women drivers here. :lmao

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH god Utica NY....
Yep, I hate this place. What a scum hole. I dont live right in utica but close enough. I live in New York Mills but, all of this area is a scum hole lol. Only reason I dont leave is because I get the best of both worlds summer and winter. I love summer but I love snow too. I do a lot of snowboarding and snowmobiling..

·
Registered
146 Posts
the kind of sliders you're referring to are "no-cut" sliders. in my opinion, they are worse than useless. if you want to protect your bike with frame sliders, your best bet is to get a set of woodcraft sliders. they are almost universally considered the best available.

cutting your fairings is a small price to pay for protecting the important parts underneath. i would also go so far as to say that you should also consider either case covers or case savers as well. woodcraft makes great case covers and, if you're on a budget, yoshimura makes case savers that bolt over your stock case covers.

there are some people who swear by frame sliders. i no longer use them, but that is a personal choice. i use the case savers. frame sliders, especially those that are really long, have a tendency to catch or grab onto something and cause the bike to tumble instead of just slide, making a mess out of much more than just one side of your bike.

don't be afraid to do a little cutting for the overall good of your bike. take your time and i'll bet you can make it look like it was meant to be there in the first place...

s3aturnr
Disagree. I had some cheapo's on my old 01 r6, went down at about 35mph, and only thing that was hurt is the oil cover. I agree they are not as sturdy as woodcraft, but they are NOT worse than useless.

Attachments

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,663 Posts
Saw a guy dump his CBR 600. His no cut sliders bent back and punched a hole in his engine. Fairing were OK tho.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,663 Posts
Disagree. I had some cheapo's on my old 01 r6, went down at about 35mph, and only thing that was hurt is the oil cover. I agree they are not as sturdy as woodcraft, but they are NOT worse than useless.
Psst those are cut sliders. ie what we are arguing for. Not against.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
If you wanna see bad drivers, go to GA... worst I've ever seen.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ever see a woman dive into on coming traffic on the highway? No? That's Upstate NY the retarded little brother of NYC that no one likes to admit exists.

Saw a guy dump his CBR 600. His no cut sliders bent back and punched a hole in his engine. Fairing were OK tho.
:lmao

·
Dangerously Irish
9,528 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.