Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to get some frame sliders for my '07 R6. I've seen a bunch of different ones advertised but being essentially new to riding I'm not sure really who I should go with.

I know Yamaha sells theres for over $100.00+ but then I see all these others that are substantially cheaper. The engineer in me says if its made of the same material and costs less then get that.

Do they all have to attach the same way regardless of Mfg.?

Thanks for the help..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, they don't all attach the same way. Depends if you get cut or no-cut. With cut ones you have to cut into the fairing to make it work. No-cut ones come with a bracket-type thing to make it fit. Wasn't sure if you knew that or not already, so thought I'd get it out there :p
I'm not terribly familiar with all the brands, but yeah no need to get the Yamaha ones. You can find much, much cheaper ones. I suggest eBay, since you don't feel you need top name ones [I feel the same way]. Hope that helps a little bit!

·
My R6 eats my $$
414 Posts
i just ordered the shoguns kit for my 08 R6, supposed to be no cut, guess we will see when they get here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies so far guys,

yeah I was hearing various things about cut versus no cut. I'd of course prefer to not modify OEM parts that came with the bike should I ever be so stupid to sell it. But I did notice the Shoguns, they seem OK and at a very good price. ANy one have any actual experience with these?

·
I miss the 600cc fun.
212 Posts
dont know about anybody else but my shogun worked pretty well for me.... didnt bend or break or snapped... this was a 30-35mph lowside on its left

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, sorry to hear about your fall, but that cool that these worked as well as they did. Was there any difficulty installing them? How were Shogun as far as ordering? Did they deliver when promissed and all that?

·
I miss the 600cc fun.
212 Posts
There was no problem whatsoever with the installation pretty easy. I didnt order them I happened to walk in a store I never been in for the first time and they had it instock so I picked up cash and out the door lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts