Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do u install the frame sliders? i read one post b4, they said u have to cut something in order to put it on? please help?

·
Registered
963 Posts
depends on if you got the ones where you have to cut the fairing or where you don't have to cut.

which ones do you got?

good investment by the way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didn't get one yet! i was just asking, so i'll have an idea w/c one to get. but which one is better? no cutting or the one u need to cut? AND guys if u have pictures of urs with the frame sliders on, can u post it? just want to know how it looks like. THANKS

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
No cuts (street type).........(thanks Cral)

(thanks bravo)

Cuts (race type).........

(thanks dave)

Some people feel that the race type sliders are more effective since there isn't a bracket that they hang from (on the right side only for the street ones) so they can better deal with the impact of a slide but I have seen some street ones that have 2 bolts on the right side slider so that the brackets doesn't carry all the weight like these Sato Racing ones......

with the fairing off......

with it re-installed.....

Hope something in here helps.......

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i just saw on one of those sites on Ed's post about online parts & exhausts where they were only like 35 or 40 for some Shogun Sliders

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Pen, the first pic...2 things:

1. You could never be like Dave, cuz you totally cut the head off the girl in the pic.

2. Are you picking your nose?

hehe...sorry, just had to say something, nothing funny about sliders :)

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
yoda said:
Pen, the first pic...2 things:

1. You could never be like Dave, cuz you totally cut the head off the girl in the pic.
ya, she had it comin the dumb bitch!

yoda said:
2. Are you picking your nose?
Um, maybe.....

yoda said:
hehe...sorry, just had to say something, nothing funny about sliders :)
Nothin funny about sliders but its funny cuz I didn't take the pics! :hehe

You'll have to take the pic issues up with Cral! (I tried to give credit in the post next to the pics as to who they came from but I guess only I understand it. why am I the only one who ever undertsands me?)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the 2 bolt no cut sliders. I have only been able to find the one bolts and I dont trust them as much. Thanks!

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I NEED sliders now... Well I needed them before, but now I know how easy it it is to lay the bike down...

:stupic

I think that $120 for no-cuts is a bit extreme!

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
I have Shogun race sliders and I used a hole saw to do the hole. The left side I had to cut a little off too, You've got to improvise on that side... I'll leave it up to you. My method sucked...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks guys, I just ordered the Vortex frame sliders from Kneedraggers. Cost me 66.92 to my door, not bad. I saw some places on the net that sell the base and pucks seperately, glad draggers had the kit. :cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts