Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't want to be the nay sayer but that will only cause the air to flow inconsistantly into the throttle bodies. You nead to smooth and round the edges. The radius of the curve on the lip of the vstacks is important. It effects the velocity of the air.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i think the way you cut the stacks is way to rough. they need to be much smoother. its a good concept but you would have to shape them more like the after market stacks. im guessing you will loose power due to the disrupted airflow. smooth air flow is the key to more power here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would have to agree, the main object of this mod is to clean the air flow, a bit like when you get the head flowed, it is the shape of the aftermarkets that give the power increase, not just the length.
Nice job with the pics though. :drink

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i will say a couple things. one, good idea bimmin, i would defenitly like to try it and put it on adyno to see if it could be made to work right. two, haveing the curved part smooth is necesary, but once its in the straight path to the cylinder, havin a little roughness is a good thing, it helps to mix up the air/fuel mixture to a better %. the better % the better bang.

but overall it is defenitly a idea worth pursuing :cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree that the top needs to be smooth. I did not try to make my smooth as I was tired and already have the aftermarket Vstacks. I figured anyone else would spend the time to make sure they are even and smooth across the top.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone with an R6 should do this, if i had one, this mod would have been done the day I read this post. In the quest for that free 1-2 extra horsepower, weve finally found an answer.

only difference is you should cut it leaving a little extra material on the rim and then use a Dremmell to smooth it out. If you can get an edge similar to the one on the graves vstacks, i see no reason why the gains will not be comparable.

A++++ idea hibimmin!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.