Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

well, the time is upon us again. i'm doing a quick group buy for ANY level/type line. i need 10 buyers total. i promise this won't take long to fill up, as i've been getting PM's left and right for weeks asking about round 7. so here she is... gotta have 10 sets sold before i can place an order...

there are 4 different types available. type 1, 2, 3, or 4. here are the differences, and i have listed the available sleeve colors as well.

type 1 (~16oz) - the type 1 lines are your typical SS lines with steel fittings/banjos (the way spiegler/galfer/HEL/etc are all made). the fittings/banjos are natural steel colored, and the lines are the SS color and you can get any color sleeve they offer on there (orange (KTM), green, yellow, red, blue, white, black, clear, or smoke).

type 2 (~13oz) - type 2 lines are the same SS lines as type 1, but the fittings/banjos are aluminum. this reduces weight, and you can also get a few different colors of banjos/fittings to coordinate with your line sleeve color. aluminum fittings can be had in black, red, or blue, and the lines can have the same colors of sleeves as type 1.

type 3 (~8oz) - type 3 lines are kevlar lines, and have a much high burst rating than the SS lines of type 1 and 2. they're the lightest line that Fren Tubo offers, and is THE BEST quality kevlar line available on the market. these lines are available in many colors (orange (KTM), green, yellow, red, blue, white, or black) and the fittings/banjos are aluminum and available in black, red, or blue.

type 4 (~9oz) - the type 4 line is a carbon fiber wrapped lines. these are the same lines that quite a few WSBK teams run (they run type 5 - titanium fittings - which weigh actually more, and are ~$750/set). like i said, these are lighter, more flexible, and have a higher burst pressure rating than any other line on the market. these are only available in the carbon wrapped line (you can get it with or without a clear sleeve over the carbon), and they come with black aluminum fittings/banjos.

these are type 4 lines on my bike... i love em.

this will be a quick group buy - 10 spots and we're done. i won't hold it open for a specific amount of time... whenever that 10th spot is filled, i'm placing the order to keep those that have paid from having to wait too long.

thanks again fellas... now's your chance to get in on this action.

the list:

once the order is placed, it will take approximately 2 weeks to get from the factory in italy, to cali (the importer) and then to me. i will then immediately ship them out to each buyer and will add a little "swAGG" for those that waited the longest. y'all know this is fact. ;) so from the time the order is placed (the entire group order - not individual order), the ESTIMATED delivery time is about 2.5 weeks (~the middle/end of december - just in time for a present to yourself for christmas). :D

PM me for pricing, and i'll get ya squared away.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Im in on this one:fact

Not gonna miss out...nope...

Price for type 3 and type 4 please

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes... i weighed em myself last group buy. they're clean too - dannyjames got a set of white lines with black fittings a while back, and that was the first time i'd ever see em. it looked SHARP! :fact

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
I got 4's as well, haha
Go big or go home bro! :fact

Well, for the price, it's a no brainer. I paid only like $35 less for my spieglers for my 02. They made such a world of difference. This was on the top of my list of mods for over winter.

It came a bit earlier than I woulda liked, but f it, money comes and goes. Mine always seems to be going tho. :lmao

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1) local buyer
2) archang3l378 (pending payment)
3) premiumdrummer
4) ChiefSmokeDawg
5) ChiefSmokeDawg
6)

good lord, half way there and it's only been opened a few hours. lmfao.

jwxfd, you better not wait too much longer, or you'll miss another one. just sayin'... :)

·
Pigs can fly!
1,160 Posts
Damnit Agg, I can't seem to find the last pm I have from you, so go ahead and send me pricing again. :sing

I'm interested in replacing the front lines as well as the rear line.
Oh, and go ahead and send me pricing for all 4 levels. I might cheap out, but depending on what the difference is, might splurge a bit more. :yes

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
yes... i weighed em myself last group buy. they're clean too - dannyjames got a set of white lines with black fittings a while back, and that was the first time i'd ever see em. it looked SHARP! :fact
:fact They're slick.

These lines are effing awesome. I took them off my R6 I just sold just in case my next bike ends up being an R6 - I won't settle for any other lines after using these.

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Go big or go home bro! :fact

Well, for the price, it's a no brainer. I paid only like $35 less for my spieglers for my 02. They made such a world of difference. This was on the top of my list of mods for over winter.

It came a bit earlier than I woulda liked, but f it, money comes and goes. Mine always seems to be going tho. :lmao
same... i was hoping like feb or march.. after i had everything else done.. at least till after x-mas.. But nope! lol

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1) local buyer
2) archang3l378 (pending payment)
3) premiumdrummer
4) ChiefSmokeDawg
5) ChiefSmokeDawg
6) Flying Pig
7) ??

if it fills up at this pace, i'll hold it open till friday, and then place the order no matter how many we get. hope that's alright with all y'all...

1 - 20 of 167 Posts