Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered a standard type 4 Fren Tubo kit from PJ's Parts. After having a direct setup on a previous bike I decided I'd rather go with the standard splitter block setup this time. Two main reasons for this are, less brake line means less fluid means less pressure loss between the M/C and brake pads. While I'm sure the difference is minimal, if I'm dropping this much on brake lines, a few extra bucks to make things a little better makes sense to me. Secondly there's enough going on up top that I really don't want to add another line into the mix. I already understood the concept of less brake line equalling more pressure, however PJ's has a good little write up about it on their site, HERE.

The cost for the standard set is $216, $17 more than the direct set and understandably since they're more involved to produce. Personally a little more money for a little better function is a good investment in my book. PJ's took an initial $100 deposit to place the order and said they take about two weeks for him to get. They're also throwing in 20" of Tygon hose for free to replace the black lines from the reservoirs and they even threw in free shipping. Their customer service has also been great thus far and have answered any and all of my questions. They're also Fren Tubo's listed retailer for the US.

I'm sure a lot of you know this stuff, just passing on the info since I see a lot of talk about direct line setups, which are easier to produce and more abundant on the market, but some may be looking for something a little different.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Be that as it may, no one will notice the difference between direct or split. :laugh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like I said, difference is minimal, but everyone may not want a direct line setup. Just mentioning there are other options.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I went split route and it was a bit of a pain and had to ziptie the splitter to the bracket by the lower tripple. The line from the MC is little short that's what made it a pain. Also if you're using a front stand with pin that goes through the lower triple make sure you clear the lines that go to the calipers. I zip tied while it was on the stands so that the lines didn't flex against the stand. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So possibly a little short on the main line and watch how I route the lines. I don't have a front stand yet, but plan to get the pin style. Definitely appreciate the heads up on that.

I'm just starting to make little changes to the bike, so don't crucify me yet for not going through a forum sponsor. I did pick up my rear foot peg plugs from a forum member and have been pm'ing with a couple other forum sponsors about parts I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Just messing with you bro :) definitely hit up chiefsmokedawg on here. He can hook you up with a lot of parts, Ecu flash and all. Top notch man.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Just wondering how come no one goes with the cross drilled brake lines? :sing

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still need to get a stahlbus oil drain kit and bleeder set and am planning to get them from either Bauce or Agg...

·
I eat what my R6 cooks!
2,498 Posts
Indeed. I remember the days when I first introduced that site around here with the adjustable powerband. Makes me proud, watching some of you little bitches grow up into full on cockwombles.:D
Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. I didn't get it from here. I found it on my own looking for spark plugs when it popped up in google. Had it bookmarked ever since.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Don't pull a muscle patting yourself on the back. I didn't get it from here. I found it on my own looking for spark plugs when it popped up in google. Had it bookmarked ever since.
:laugh No worries. But I remember when there were like 5 products on that site..... and I walked uphill both ways in the snow....

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts