Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fresh Paint!! (Lots of Pics)

Just picked up all my non-black plastics from the paint shop! Went with pearl black to finish up my uber-blacked out Raven. If only Yamaha would make truly blacked out ravens I would have saved lots of $$ (can't stand the slate gray fairings on the raven). Only things left that aren't pearled are my kickstand, radiator tube, and shift rod. Will post beauty shots after I put her back together and it stops pouring rain. :toocool:

·
Phi Phi K A
823 Posts
Really nice bro. Don't foreget to do the rear master cyl.

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
You have a rear seat cowling, to you have passengers? If not lose the p pegs. Have anyone given you s**t about the license plate location? I have the same setup and got stopped twice for speeding and the cops didn't say anything about it. Sweet bike.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
what kind of $$$ did you have to pay for the amount of painting you've had done? I'm in the same boat...When i look at mine and see those dull ass side fairings slice through all the shiny of the top and bottom fairings...I'm starting to want the same (on the side fairings at a minimum).

You had any problems with the cops an the lights. mine are the same way...I took some NightShades and put about 2-3 coats and a few coats of acrylic enamel. Definately have to run with the brights on now.

Beautifull bike by the way.

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what kind of $$$ did you have to pay for the amount of painting you've had done? I'm in the same boat...When i look at mine and see those dull ass side fairings slice through all the shiny of the top and bottom fairings...I'm starting to want the same (on the side fairings at a minimum).

You had any problems with the cops an the lights. mine are the same way...I took some NightShades and put about 2-3 coats and a few coats of acrylic enamel. Definately have to run with the brights on now.

Beautifull bike by the way.
I was recommended to this latino body shop by a fellow rider and got the hook up on prices, as long as I paid cash only. The shop did my entire bike and all the accessories for $250 cash, would have easily spent $800-$1000 for the same quality at another shop.

As far as cops go, they haven't said a thing to me about the headlights, plate location, no mirrors, etc. I got pulled over about a month ago and the cop just chatted away with me about his GSXR 1000 and let me walk.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,095 Posts
subtle, but very nice! i love the air duct covers painted!!! the only part i would have left woudl be the tire hugger i think
but overall, very nice!

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,795 Posts
bad @$$ looking bike man!! how are you liking the yosh? is it a slip-on? ooh ooh, and what's on your lites to make em looked smoked? thanks..

·
Registered
28 Posts
^ +1. i go up to sportbike night at pig trail harley in rogers every wednesday night i get the chance, usually a few hundred bikes at least, free food, drinks, that type of stuff. eureka is good, along with 71b between fay. and alma, there's others around, someone shoot me a pm if yall wanna go for a ride.

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
We should get together and ride some time. Do you ever make it to any of the bike nights in NW Arkansas? Ever ride out to Eureka Springs?
Pinstripe and Tripp - We deffinately should schedule a ride, I'm off on weekends and I'm always ready to ride somewhere. I was supposed to go to Hallet today for the open track day but spent all my extra cash on the paint. I usually to go to Eureka Springs about 4-5 times a month, usually every Saturday. I know so many routes to Eureka it's not even funny! The "moderator" of our group that scheduled our rides sold his R1 yesterday so I don't have a riding group anymore. I need to go to some bike nights to network and find some more people to ride with.

I never make it to the pig trail/harley bike nights though cuz I bowl in a summer league on Wed. nights. I usually make it over there once or twice a summer. Shoot me an email when you want to ride: [email protected]

·
I love hot dogs.
143 Posts
New bike bro, where did you get your front brake reservoir cover, and also who did your headlights?
motomummy.com does the cover, but just buy any cotton wristband and it will cover it

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
sweet looking bike!!they did a good job on the paint,i cant believe they did it so cheap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.