Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put an 06 r6 engine in my raptor, well I didnt get the ignition switch, just the two plugs that run up to it, so I found the correct wires to fire it up, and ive been starting it no problem, well I accidently Touched all the wires together in the ignition harness, my stupid mistake, and now it wont crank with the start button... If I jump the starter solenoid and make it manually crank, it has no fire. All the fuses are good, i checked 10 times. DId I fry the ECU??? I dont have the gauges so I cant read codes or anything like that. But when I turn the ignition on, the fuel pump runs like normal, but thats it, no crank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, put a new ECU on it, and same thing... What else could it be? I've swapped all the relays, all the fuses are good. nothing else changed. so something somewhere is burned up I guess. What would keep it from cranking? still no spark when I just the starter solenoid

·
CCS #164
404 Posts
I had a problem like the one youre describing on my '01. this was with the ignition switch, though. Turned out to be the positive/negative connections from the battery into the harness were corroded/loose. unplugged the connector and took the individual wire ends out and cleaned/replaced as necessary. then put the wires back in the connector and put electrical grease on the male ends. This fixed the problem.

im sure you have already, but did you check the 30amp fuses that arent in the little fuse box?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are they? I have 1 50amp fuse right by the starter relay. the bike has power, like I said, when i turn the ignition on, the fuel pump runs and i hear relays click, but the start button just does nothing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did an ohm reading on the crank sensor, its good. Also checked the cylinder identification sensor, and either I did it wrong or its acting up, not reading correctly? Would that sensor keep the engine from cranking?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I did an ohm reading on the crank sensor, its good. Also checked the cylinder identification sensor, and either I did it wrong or its acting up, not reading correctly? Would that sensor keep the engine from cranking?
Firing yes, but it should still crank. Do you have a short from touchingthe wires together?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well im sure i shorted something out, but I just got done testing every sensor, switch, relay, and fuse. all is good...? I put a NEW computer in it today, thinking for SURE it was that, but no. All I did was accidently touch all 4 wires together in the switch where the key would be. I am so pissed at my self for doing this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... I Feel pretty stupid. Turns out the neutral safety switch was bad.. I grounded it and it fired right up. wow. so I have a new ECU for sale now haha. thanks guys for all the help!
Future reference, connecting all 4 ignition wires together "MIGHT" fry your neutral safety switch ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts