Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Ultimate Procrastinator
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He traded in his '04 gixxer 600, '11 KX450, '03 YZ 450 for $8,000 credit. I personally think he got ripped off since he could have easily sold the KX for $5K easily. What I'm most concerned about is how he's always doing wheelies no matter where he is, hell he blew by a cop doin' one after he broke it in. He's come close to trashing it at least 3 times that I've seen. How do I convince him to tone it down and not hurt himself? Right now he's got the macho man thing goin on and he's convinced his roomate who has never even sat on a bike to buy an R1.

I mean come on, I'm good friends with the guy and I don't wanna be there to say "I told you so". Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
541 Posts
sounds like he needs to learn from his own mistakes..

if hes that hard headed..

he needs to fall and learn unfortunately...

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Tell him to get a GoPro so he can at least get the crash on video... Your buddy sounds like a complete moron, especially if he gave up all those bikes for $8k... Who would ever settle for that deal...

Those guys in the dealership were prob dying laughing when he left with one new bike, for all those bikes he traded...

:nono

You're boy is going to end up a statistic from the sounds of it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yup definitely needs to learn the hard way. I didn't know they made a fiat edition for '12 sounds like a eBay repair job to me IMO.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh it's a 2010 :D yea it would be a shame to lay it down, I call dibs on buy back :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
So he paid 19k for it total? :dunce::poke maybe he's trying to give away all his money, and other bikes before he kills himself...

·
Pastor of Muppets
1,459 Posts
Your friend is an idiot. You need to tell him that. He's really going to be sorry when he wrecks that nice bike that he has financed and then has hospital bills on top of it. Tell him to wise up.

·
This is bat country!
1,870 Posts
As everyone else has said, you're friend is a moron. I would try explaining to him that not only is he going to trash his bike and most likely hurt himself. He also has a chance of hurting anyone else around him. If it were me, I would tell him, "You're my boy, but if you're going to ride like you are. I won't be there, I'll cya at the bar on the weekends."

A good friend of mine recently got myself and two other friends all cited for Careless Operation. That I'm currently having to fight in court because I refuse to take the charge. Not going into specifics, but the three of us weren't doing anything illegal. We were cited because one guy in the group was riding like an idiot and stirred the boys up. It's already cost me half day's worth of leave to plea Not Guilty, and soon to be another 1/2-1 day for court this month.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts
Still financing $10k after the trades? Wow

1 - 20 of 60 Posts