Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start off I had another photo shoot, and my bukky Mikey calls me asking if we were riding. I said after we get done with this shoot. He said cool call me and we'll all go for a long ass ride. Alright.... Well just as we got our food ordered after our shoot my phone rings off the hook! Mikey is in the hospital in bad shape. I asked where is the bike, and where is he? No one new. So we left after a the waitress f'd up our order!!!! It turns out he and a friend of his just pulled over to take their helmets off because it was in the mid 90's. They were riding again and a green taurus passes them in the turn lane about wrecking him! The taurus speeds off after flipping them off. Well Mikey tried to catch them and a power servise truck merges over and clips him. Broken eye socket, 5 staples in his head, broken collar bone, and now he talks like a infant.
We just went to get his bike out of impound for him. 200 dollars, and 2 cops pulling us over for b.s. on the way home on our own bikes! Turns out his bike isn't that bad? Here's a few pics...

So we are heading home with the bike in the truck, and we stopped to get a drink. The guy that was riding with him stopped and came up and told us the whole story. This guy was a paramedic and cops were yelling at him, to quit touching him, and the accident scene. One cop tries to grab him off Mike and he told the Cop I'm a paramedic you F'n dumbazz! So he saved mikes life till the ambulance got there.
Then Brandon the paramedic told the cops none of this crap would of happened if that fr' over in the green car didn't do what he did. The cops let him go!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!! Then they start talking on how Mike was at fault, and some dumb crap. Well thank god the traffic light cameras caught the whole thing!
So his Mom calls me and asks if I had the bike. I told here yes indeed. She said she wants me to fix it and sell it. So now I have to make an estimate for her.
As of this morning he was making sentences, and the swelling in his brain was going down.
I know some people here will call him a dumbass, we already have been calling him that so save your breath. Just for everyone on here please wear your gear, and think before you re-act because of a stupid cager.

Oh please pray for Mike. No matter what he did he is still one of the best people I have ever met.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
thougths and prayers go out to you and his family, hope everything turns out as best as it can. cagers can make you do dumb shit and in this case it wasnt worth it. i sure as hell would find whoever drove that tauras and give them an ass-whoopin for what they did to my friend

·
Registered
167 Posts
My thoughts with your buddy.

As an aside, I've often said DO NOT chase cagers. Nothing you can do will come out in your advantage.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thougths and prayers go out to you and his family, hope everything turns out as best as it can. cagers can make you do dumb shit and in this case it wasnt worth it. i sure as hell would find whoever drove that tauras and give them an ass-whoopin for what they did to my friend
Believe me I would like to take a baseball batt across their head!

·
WATCHOUT...I'll be back
447 Posts
Good your buddy is getting better. Prayer here man for his fast recovery. And everyone wear your gears. Ride safe.

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thoughts with your buddy.

As an aside, I've often said DO NOT chase cagers. Nothing you can do will come out in your advantage.
That's why I posted this. It's not worth it! Slow down, or pull over for a while to gather yourself. Cars are 3000+pounds, we are 400-600lbs.... Please learn from his mistake.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's why I posted this. It's not worth it! Slow down, or pull over for a while to gather yourself. Cars are 3000+pounds, we are 400-600lbs.... Please learn from his mistake.
You probably saved a few lives by that post. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
sounds like he landed pretty hard. bummer

the big question is ...Were you wearing ur gear.

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Thoughts and prayers........ glad to hear he is already on the road to recovery

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
Best wishes to your friend, praying that he makes a full recovery.

·
Mezz
3,776 Posts
I'm sorry about your friend bro...stories like this and my own experiences are making me ride less and less out in the open...I mostly stick to my secluded track-like location now.
This past weekend I was coming back from my riding spot...as usual when I come up to intersections I flash my brights to help the people turning left or merging see me coming even though my regular lamp is a bright-ass HID. Well needless to say a guy merged in anyways...and of all things was yelling at me through his side mirror.
Stay safe out there guys, its a jungle

·
Premium Member
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was weird because we left our gear at home taking country roads on our ride to enjoy the scenery. We were all paranoid on the way back! We all have made a new rule that if any of us rides in our tight little riding clique we have we wear our gear! No exceptions ever!
Guy seriously it always takes someone we love to get hurt, but for some reason it changes us? We should set the example from the get go! Another thing I am sorry but there needs to be a helmet law, just like seat belt laws. It's rediculous, and idiotic that we have to button our belts in a car, but no safety on a bike? A helmet and I could of been drinking a beer that night with my friend and laughing about how it happened....

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Damn, his bike toughed it out pretty good. I hope the same happens with him. Sounds as if a cager drag out/beat down is in order...:mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts