Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I like the Wolf set better myself. I think it has better lines on the upswing behind the rearsets than those. and they are also cheaper. $1050 shipped for forum members. PM Wolf if you are interested in his pipes.

·
Registered
995 Posts
i'd go 4 the frog,can anyone tell wot the name is on the side of the pipes

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
BRAVO said:
i'd go 4 the frog,can anyone tell wot the name is on the side of the pipes
you'd pay more for an inferior looking set of pipes???????

You've been watchin to many Wolves games! Thier play has clouded your mind. Dare say your mind might be more muddled than Ince's.....

·
Registered
836 Posts
If I were into the bling-bling, I would want the BlueFlame undertail pipes... if only they made them for the '03.

Alas, my practical nature has me saving to buy a M4 full system... just have to wail till after a few other purchases, and taking the wifey to Hawaii.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I think undertail exhausts look silly. The blue flame ones are the ones I would choose if my life depended on buying an undertai\l exhaust, though.

They look pimp on the new R1, but other thatn that they are just not cool looking.

·
Registered
995 Posts
jas i'v got to disagree.all the main manufactures will underseat within the next year.why?not because its cheaper,aerodynamic or protects the can in a crash.they would tell u its 4 cosmetic reasons.they now people will buy firstly for how a bike looks.the new R1 woz the coolest bike on show at the NEC

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
let's have a close look, which looks better?:
frog specialties :?: $1195

wolf :?: $1066

Blue Flames :?: $1000+

·
Registered
995 Posts
has anyone been able 2 make out the name on the frog

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Frog ones are actually IXIL - still in prototype stage and out in December - I dont like them but I can get hold of them for very little money - as soon as they are released I'll do a group buy - expect to pay around $750 BUT - having seen both mine and theirs side by side and tested them both the Wolf are a lot better - but I'll sell either so...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
BRAVO said:
jas i'v got to disagree.all the main manufactures will underseat within the next year.why?not because its cheaper,aerodynamic or protects the can in a crash.they would tell u its 4 cosmetic reasons.they now people will buy firstly for how a bike looks.the new R1 woz the coolest bike on show at the NEC
I agree that the manufacturers will be moving to undertails. The R1's look cannot be argued with. I/m just saying that besides the R1, I am not a big fan.

The 600RR looks like it has a giant butt hole (especially with an aftemarket can)

Most aftermarket ones look awkward, mosly i think, because even thought he cans are undertail, the pipes must be routed AROUND the swingarm instead of through it (like the R1).

AND

The tails o most bikes were not designed to look good with undertail exhaust

AND

I just bought a new can for mine and it looks rediculously :pimp

:tongue

The R1's looks will always set the benchmark for what the other manuacturers try to accomplish, but for me, it is the only good example of undertail from the factory. The Blue Flame is the only good example of aftemarket undertail.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My last 2 cents

I have a friend with an RC51 with dual exhaust. He crashed and bent one of the pipes - ever since, his dual exhaust has not lined up and you can tell from the back.

I would be concerned that even in a low speed (or standing still for that matter) crash, if one of the undertail pipes got bent, it would be the end of the bad ass look and the beginning of the ghetto look.

My last 2 cents
(because I spent the Rest on the Bike)

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't like aftermarket undertails either. Even some of the factorys efforts ( CBRR60 ) Looks shit. I like the R1 though.
Personally they should all go the way of the KTM RC8 superbike and hide the exhaust completely under the engine. This will mean a need to compact their engines and use a dry sump but it looks the best. Hopefully this will be the next exhaust craze.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just installed my Ixil (Frog) I love it I've seen a Wolf on the road and no offence mate by they look ugly compared to mine. They're shape is too boxy for my liking. The Ixil sounds absolutely awesome. Even at low revs it gives me a buzz just to hear it. And for the R6 you don't get an underseat for better performance it's purely for looks.
As for the hidden exhaust mentioned ^^^ There's a pipe called a Mirage available for 02/03 R1 that is just like that loud as hell though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts