Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Came across this forum looking up bike information and knowledge. Seems like the best r6 forum out there from what i found. So that being said very happy to be apart of the forum!

This is first bike i have owned so hoping to learn alot on the forum and meet some great people.

If any one has any great sites for parts/gear ect let me know i will be looking!

*Please ignore the stickers on the bike;most are being removed.

Thanks,
Jb

Attachments

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
:D i like it ; i think it will keep me on the ground until im comfortable with the bike.
Great looking bike! Love the wheels.

On the lengthened swingarm: I would be worried that the increased wheelbase will make it harder to turn the bike and maneuver. This could make it easier or harder to ride depending on what you are doing. My thought is the designers made that swingarm the length it was for a good reason. Removing the extensions is easy if you want to in the future. Just need to shorten your chain and buy a new master link and and a chain tool (or take it to a shop and let them take care of it).

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!!!

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

On the lengthened swingarm: I would be worried that the increased wheelbase will make it harder to turn the bike and maneuver. This could make it easier or harder to ride depending on what you are doing. My thought is the designers made that swingarm the length it was for a good reason. Removing the extensions is easy if you want to in the future. Just need to shorten your chain and buy a new master link and and a chain tool (or take it to a shop and let them take care of it).

I love the wheels to , i am still trying to figure who makes them or the model, but thank you i love the look too! Might change the purple over to blue like this guy :321 . Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for the tip on the swingarm too; i will probably change it back in the future once i learn the torque of the bike. Has a commander V in it :nocontrol

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also if you guys have any recommendations for a bike cover i need one asap :)

*All weather outside storage temporarily.

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks thanks , and hey back. I know ill have another subi in the feature; thought it was time to change up

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
You will enjoy not having ringland failure and not having understeer on the r6. :p I keed I keed... but seriously why'd you get rid of the car? I WISH I could live a lifestyle that doesn't require a car. I could probably do it in San Francisco but not a street bike. It would have to be a KTM.

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Hey Ya'll!

Came across this forum looking up bike information and knowledge. Seems like the best r6 forum out there from what i found. So that being said very happy to be apart of the forum!

This is first bike i have owned so hoping to learn alot on the forum and meet some great people.

If any one has any great sites for parts/gear ect let me know i will be looking!

*Please ignore the stickers and swing arm extension on the bike;most are being removed.

Thanks,
Jb
^FIFY :poke
Welcome JB. :wave Remember to gear up and ride safe. Bike looks great except for the lowering and stretch. Polished wheels are :pimp

^^^ All of this!

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will enjoy not having ringland failure and not having understeer on the r6. :p I keed I keed... but seriously why'd you get rid of the car? I WISH I could live a lifestyle that doesn't require a car. I could probably do it in San Francisco but not a street bike. It would have to be a KTM.

Haha thanks; and i just wanted something different. Had the car for 6 years loved it, and will probably own one again. I drive a truck daily anyways so wanted to see if i will fall more in love with motor cycle or i will be switching back to subi.

I looked at KTMS they are pretty sweet but sure i will be stunting / racing / or just for fun yet. Excited to get more into it as time allows!

Wanted to save on gas too lol! subi and truck both under 16mpg

·
STi to R6
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^FIFY :poke
Welcome JB. :wave Remember to gear up and ride safe. Bike looks great except for the lowering and stretch. Polished wheels are :pimp

^^^ All of this!

Thanks Mike; glad to hear you agree with my plans. If you have any recommendations on where to gear up for a good price let me know!!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Thanks Mike; glad to hear you agree with my plans. If you have any recommendations on where to gear up for a good price let me know!!
Buy the best gear you can afford and wear it religiously. Imagine the skin you'd lose running as fast as you can in a shirt, shorts, joggers and diving onto the pavement. Now think about how far you could possible slide or bounce on a motorcycle capable of 160mph....

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts
Haha thanks; and i just wanted something different. Had the car for 6 years loved it, and will probably own one again. I drive a truck daily anyways so wanted to see if i will fall more in love with motor cycle or i will be switching back to subi.

I looked at KTMS they are pretty sweet but sure i will be stunting / racing / or just for fun yet. Excited to get more into it as time allows!

Wanted to save on gas too lol! subi and truck both under 16mpg
Since I'm more of a conservative person, because I'm mainly track/race only, I much prefer the Subi over a motorcycle. It's also ridiculously hot and the drivers suck here in Houston too. Just my $.02.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I got all of my gear from revzilla! Located in Philly, you can always go check the showroom and try stuff out. Best prices and shipping too! The more you get from that site the more you save.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts