Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 R6 and when I bought it, it came with integrated tail lights and flush mount turn signals. Where I live requires the bike to be basically stock to pass inspection so I put the stock lights back on. Everything works fine up until now. After I passed inspection, I put the aftermarket signals back on. Now, the front turn signals stay on while the tail lights blink like normal. I bought brand new integrated tail lights and flush mounts (plug and play variety with resistors all around) and the same thing. If I unplug my aftermarket flash relay, none of my signals flash. What is going wrong here?

·
nova r6
3,234 Posts
There are three wires in the front signals (one ground, one constant power for the running lights, and one for the actual signals themselves), my guess is that you have the wrong combo of wires for the signals. Black should be ground, blue (if I remember correctly is the running) and the last non matching ones are for the signals themselves

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention that if I hook up the stock turn signals, they do not blink either.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that if I hook up the stock turn signals, they do not blink either.
Check the wiring diagram in the service manual and take some photos for us of the wiring. My guess is if they're staying on solid, you've hooked them into the running light circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts