Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a set of stands. I need new tires and I figure it would be cheaper to take the wheels off first. What is an decent, affordable set?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Craigslist.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Harbor Freight

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Harbor Freight
Someone posted on here how a few weeks ago how the first time they lifted their bike with one it put a flat spot in the wheels..

I would say get whatever you can afford as long as it has big wheels on it so you can move the bike around on the stand(s). Front headlift vortex with rear vortex spool setup, I can drag the bike all over the garage if I need to. The big wheels even go over little pieces of rock salt, etc.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
The one thing i dont like about t-rex rear stand is that, it's hard to take out the rear axle with the metal piece that hooks onto the spool

·
Love livin to ride!
410 Posts
xzpolskix I am about to order a set of those right now. Ever hear anything bad about them?

·
Love livin to ride!
410 Posts
Well just ordered a set of them stands from MJ Moto Gear. Ordered the front fork lift and the rear set lift combo. Will post up my thoughts about quality once I receive them! I have a lockhart phillips rear swing arm lift stand now but want a matching set of black stands cuz that one is white. So my buddy is buying mine off me for $40 and I bought that set for $80 plus shipping so good deal in my eyes!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:fact
Or I've heard of a few people getting these and saying they are pretty nice: Link
I ended up getting these with the head lift stand. I have never used one of these before, but are they supposed to lock? I know they are supposed to be collapsable, but I don't see how it will hold the bike up if it doesn't lock.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I ended up getting these with the head lift stand. I have never used one of these before, but are they supposed to lock? I know they are supposed to be collapsable, but I don't see how it will hold the bike up if it doesn't lock.
You serious? There's a video on the site that answers your question.:dunce:

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts

·
Love livin to ride!
410 Posts
Got my stands yesterday from MJMotogear... All in all for the price I would say they are pretty nice. The tubes are smaller in diameter than my Lockhart Phillips stand but they work just as well and I like that the rear stand actually lifts the bike higher than my other one. Also the wheels are plastic rather than a rubber roller blade type wheels but they seem to be of some quality and not trash. I would recommend them if you are looking to go a cheaper route than some of the name brands. I do not do track days or anything but for my garage they are just fine!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Got my stands yesterday from MJMotogear... All in all for the price I would say they are pretty nice. The tubes are smaller in diameter than my Lockhart Phillips stand but they work just as well and I like that the rear stand actually lifts the bike higher than my other one. Also the wheels are plastic rather than a rubber roller blade type wheels but they seem to be of some quality and not trash. I would recommend them if you are looking to go a cheaper route than some of the name brands. I do not do track days or anything but for my garage they are just fine!
yea same, got mine from mjmotogear and im really happy with both the head lift and rear spool lift. think i paid 110 with shipping

·
Registered
96 Posts
has anyone ever tried the dmp stands from moto mummy?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Vortex headlift and rear stand.
The harbor freight one I have are rubber wheels... I would say you'd have to do something very weird to flatten em... I drag my heavy ST around on the rear stand all the time. For the 6 I have gtyr(came with the bike :D) and they are great but would've spent the money on pitbull. I still need to get a head lift front stand...

For me I want the best I can get so I usually buy super cheap if I NEED something and save my money for the good ones. I plan on getting a set of pitbull stands but with as good as the HF ones work it might be a while... I like nice things and I am very cheap, very weird combo...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts