Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta 05 r6...
Was wondering why and how to fix my front brake squeaks a lil when I brake...

Also Im gonna do an oil change, will be my first with this bike... I was wondering which fairing I need to remove to get to the drain plug and filter? Also whats the amount of oil recommended to put in? and I usually run 20-50weight oil is that alrite with this bike?
thanks a lot... kinda newbie ?s but ohh well... hah

JonJon

·
Registered
131 Posts
your brakes might be squeaking because they are getting low. If not they make spray and a gel that you can put on the back of the pad that is supposed to prevent it from squeaking.

You will want to remove the lower fairing on your clutch side. You will be able to remove the filter and drain bolt from there and i would you 10-40w motorcyle oil.

·
Registered
168 Posts
just spray some simple green down into the calipers and wash them down. Its probably just brake dust thats making your brakes squeak.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
To get the brakes to stop squeaking, try stopping harder than normal a few times. Unless your brake pads are worn way down, that will usually do the trick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys... ya I dont think the pads are worn down... when do you usually have to change your pads? the bike only has a few thousand miles on it...

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I haven't had to change any pads on a sportbike yet. They keep getting stolen... But The only time I have changed pads I had over 30,000 miles on the bike at the time, and I could have waited another few thousand at least.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn bike thieves! sweet Ill check out that stuff to put on the pads... its just kinda annoying... hah... Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how much oil does it take (05 R6)... I found a number on the web but wasnt sure (2.85qts) What do you guys usually do? thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts