Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

front forks need info asap

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Big_Perm 
#1 ·
i pulled my front forks off to see if i bent them when i bent the front wheel and they dont seem to be bent. the problem is i didnt look to see how far they set in the clamps. if some one can look at their bike and tell me how much of the forks show on the top. how much is sticking out past thw top of the clamp. it looks like they sit right where the fork tube starts but im not sure. any help would be great.

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure that they are only about 2 or 3 mm's above the top clamp. But since you are doing it, the higher you set them, the faster it will fall into the turns, the lower you set them, the slower...
food for thought.

#4 ·
The higher your forks are in the clamps, the faster your bike will fall in the corners. It does lower the front of your bike, but hardly enough to even notice.
Most people don't lower the front, they raise the back...same effect. I lowered mine, it also helped against tank slappers I used to get under hard acceleration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.