Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running the Ferodo XRAC's on my 03 r6 race bike. Stock calipers/rotors and an upgraded master. I am getting ready for another set of pads, and want something with a bit more bite and feel. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Gonna be tough. Are you looking for more initial bite, or something with more grab period? The EBC race pads are nice and have good grab, but they all seem to be pretty close once you get to race pad territory. Most of them like to be hot too. Read the manufacturer notes one the pads and see if they mention the characteristics of what your looking for.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
more initial bite, try the rjl's. or you can get stupid with initial bite and go SRJL's. :laugh

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
the EBC extreme pro would be your best bet.. the newer version has ceramic bits in the sintered friction material for more initial bike than the previous EPFA pads. awesome brake pads for sure.

·
Parts Pimp
26,455 Posts
I'm currently running the Ferodo XRAC's on my 03 r6 race bike. Stock calipers/rotors and an upgraded master. I am getting ready for another set of pads, and want something with a bit more bite and feel. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys
Yea, the ferodo ZRAC. Same linear feeling, awesome pad as the XRAC, but with some initial bite for those who are preferring it. They just started shipping.

the EBC extreme pro would be your best bet.. the newer version has ceramic bits in the sintered friction material for more initial bike than the previous EPFA pads. awesome brake pads for sure.
He asked for a BIT for initial bite, not a TON! :laugh

·
Registered
404 Posts
I use the CP211 on my race bike and love the bite and feel. only downside is they are a carbon based pad that wears quickly. I had to frequently clean my brakes and fairings from the dust lol and they didn't even last me a full race season.

Ive bought a new set for this season and will most likely be ordering a replacement set soon so I have them ready when these wear out.

http://www.ferodoracing.com/it/motorcycle/CP911.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts