Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Front fork color change?

Is this possible? I'd like to switch from the gold color to either black or silver. What methods are there to change this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe the stock gold is anodized so you would probably have to get them anodized again.

·
Got street appeal?
1,656 Posts
You can powder coat them, the anodize will polish right off (need an actual buffer), or you can paint them

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took a look at them and decided that it looks to be a huge pain in the arse just to get them off. :mad:

I'm thinking to either pay someone else to do it or skip it altogether. I'm not that mechanically enabled.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
theres a place here in socal that that does good work for a good price maybe if we had enough people that want to do this they'll give us a bulk price... huh huh anyone lol

·
Registered
360 Posts
swap with someone who wants gold?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
good luck with that. anyone that has black tubes, doesn't want to give em up.
This is very true. :fact <---Me holding a contract saying you'll give me your first born child for my black forks.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
good luck with that. anyone that has black tubes, doesn't want to give em up.

Damn right. Gold forks are ugly :fact

Companies should stop making them and start anodizing forks based on the color scheme of the bike. Is never give up my black forks.

·
It's never Lupus.
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Refreshed? And will they fit an 09?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yes, 06-07 forks are just a little shorter in length (10mm)than 08-10 R6. Refreshed meaning new fluids and fork maintenance since I race my bike.

Are your forks flushed with your top triple?

·
Registered
360 Posts
if they would fit r6s id trade...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I assumed the gold forks weren't available on the 09 r6s

1 - 20 of 31 Posts