Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Don't Nuttin' Eat ME
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 r6 i drive daily but i want it to pick the front end up a little more, what size front sprocket should i go with and what size is the stock one? also will i have to shorten the chain any? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Stock front sprocket size is a 16T and rear is a 45T. While you're changin you might as well do the rear as well (+2) and go with a 520 chain and a speedohealer. When i put mine on i was 14.6% off. Not sure what the 07 would be off by, but somethin around 13-15

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
Stock front sprocket size is a 16T and rear is a 45T. While you're changin you might as well do the rear as well (+2) and go with a 520 chain and a speedohealer. When i put mine on i was 14.6% off. Not sure what the 07 would be off by, but somethin around 13-15
:stupic
-1 front and +2 rear is the most popular set for all around better performance. if you do the 520 set up you will need a new chain any way. you can get both sprockets and chain for 129.99 . thats were i got mine, the best price i could find. you can even get a colored chain and rear sprocket to match your bike.
http://www.sumofallparts.net/product_results.aspx?category_guid=e7e371ad-bb1f-4a3e-a944-77c1be9ce0c7

if you are going to be doing serious stunting and only stunting, you want to keep the front stock and go with a massive rear sprocket. my buddy run stock front and 60 tooth rear, its strickly a stunt bike.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
You can also go cheap and change just the front sprocket for $30 bucks or so, get a 525 pitch and still use the stock chain.

·
mailbox killin' werewolf
3,856 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts