Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a woodcraft rearstand that I will be using for my R6 during the winter.

Would this cause any damage to the front tire? Would I have to use both front and rear stands while parking the bike for extended periods of time?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
I have a woodcraft rearstand that I will be using for my R6 during the winter.

Would this cause any damage to the front tire? Would I have to use both front and rear stands while parking the bike for extended periods of time?
If you are going to park it for any long periods of time it is suggested that you use front and rear stands.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Any suggestions for a good inexpensive front stand? Are they harder to use than rear stands?
they are just as easy. I will be honest with you about stands. There are some stands out there that are expensive as hell. I bout some pitbull stands and they were good quality. I had a set of Vortex (I think) and they were good stands. Then I had a set of cheap ass Ebay stands and they weren't the prettiest things but they were good quality.

Unless you are racing and lifting the bike using the stands over and over again. just go the cheap route and save some money for some other mods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAN...3968865QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
375 Posts
i believe everyone swears by t-rex for an inexpensive solution. just over $100 for a front + rear set.

front should be easier. i believe you're required to have the bike already on a rear stand before even attempting to use a front stand. if thats the case, the bike is already upright. just put the stand in place and lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts