Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Question..
I got a pair of shorty front turn signal from Lockhart Phillips. The stock setup has three wires (blinkers and running lights) but my LP's only have two..
How the hell do you wire the new blinkers with 2 wires into the 3 wire stock harness?
I don't really care about having the running lighs..

Will this work? Thanks in advance! Nittyp.

·
max speed
242 Posts
Just cut the blue wire and tape it off. Connect the power wire and ground wire to the plug and plug it in and your done. The plug will still work even with the one wire not connected to anything. The blue wire is the one that powers the running lights :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes that is how you do it...

I took the third wire on each side, and used them to power the corner marker lights that I installed in my headlights.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can actually buy one's with 3 wires just the same. Then you can have your running lights on aswell. But since you all ready have it. What everyone else said!

·
Registered
28 Posts
F2002 said:
Do you need to buy a new flasher relay to correct the blinking rate after installing the new short stalk?

No

My flushmounts only had 2 wires and the running lights still worked.

·
Registered
829 Posts
F2002 said:
Do you need to buy a new flasher relay to correct the blinking rate after installing the new short stalk?
You only need this if you are upgrading to LED lights.

-DJ1298

·
Registered
531 Posts
F2002 said:
You might need to.

When I put my short stalks on I got a quicker flash rate than original.

If the globes got less wattage than original it thinks on of the globes are out & flashes quickly to let you know.

I replaced my flasher unit with a new electronic one (used in a car) that flashes at a constant rate. I had to wire it up with different plugs but it works a treat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How hard was it to wire up the car relay? Also, could I just wire up a resistor in line, and trick it into thinking that the original light is there? Any other options? :stupic

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, my customLED tailight integrator was offered with inline resistors to fool the electrical system into thinking there was more load presented to the system by the LED's which would return the flash rate to normal. They offer them for a couple of bucks on their site.

·
Registered
531 Posts
amncroft said:
How hard was it to wire up the car relay?
Piece of cake. You just need to go to a electronics store & buy some spade plugs that match the existing plug & new relay & some wire. Join them together & slot it in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts