For sale 1.2.6 flash tune device $400 O.B.O Shipped
pm me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you have the complete kit?
interface plus software ?
sure i can send you a disc with the software. or you can download it straight from the flash tune website here https://ftecu.com/downloadrequest/
please note that my flash tune device is 1.2.6 that dose NOT require you to permanently attach any harness to your bike.This allows you to flash more than just your bike.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok
I am not very familiar with this kind of device.
what is the diference? what do you mean by "more than just your bike"?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok
I am not very familiar with this kind of device.
what is the diference? what do you mean by "more than just your bike"?
sorry for the confusion by "more than just your bike" im referring to the new flash tune interface which requires you to permanently attach a harness to your bike forcing you to only be able to flash your bike with the interface. this one dose NOT require any additional equipment allowing you to flash multiple bikes.
flashing your ecu has several advantages over a Power Commander and Bazzaz as quoted by OhioYJ here http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2484045

here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a FlashTune Interface vs PCV / Bazzaz

Advantages -

-No extra devices, or wiring to install or run.
-Reduced Weight (not that a PCV is heavy)
-Controls all 8 injectors (unlike the PCV only doing 4, without the SFM) (Bazzaz does all 8)
-Install is much easier compared to the PCV or Bazzaz
-Frees up throttle restrictions.
-Allows increase in ignition timing.
-Supports quick shifter
-More tuneability

Disadvantages -

-Allows changes that could be dangerous.
-Flashing anything can be potentially risky. (Reasonably safe, but should something go wrong you could lose an ECM)
-More tuning options can result in a steeper learning curve to new users
-Complete lack of documentation, or help files from manufacturer. (At least the folks at Flash Tune are willing to help answer questions when you call them)
-Attempts to "hide" program to prevent the user from backing up software.
-Users are essentially the beta testers of a device that is still under development.
-Currently no AutoTune option.
-Changes can't be applied in real time like the PCV, you must shut the bike off and wait 5 minutes for it to flash.

Despite all the risks, the advantages are very clear. However users must realize that just importing a Power Commander map won't result in a perfect running bike. This is just like a Power Commander or Bazzaz unit, you must tune it to your exact bike, a downloaded map won't be right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I understand.
It will work with any yamaha? what about harness for any specific bike?
you do not sell that right?
no this one is for R6 08+
and no this specific flash tune device does not (i repeat does NOT) need a harness, just plug and play

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no problem if you have any more questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump price reduced to 300$ o.b.o

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update: my device has been bricked and i cant fix it,still willing to sell it or trade it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts