Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Slow is fast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling a mint condition hyperpro rsc active steering damper. Has low miles, no scratches and no leaks.

Will come with all original packaging and parts (mounts, brackets, hardware, instructions, etc.)

Sold!

Or if you're local (626)617-6591

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Any benefits for a strictly street bike? I had an 09r6 couple years ago sold it but always wished I had got a stabilizer to see if it made a difference. Picking up an 09 r6 again this week.

·
Slow is fast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any benefits for a strictly street bike? I had an 09r6 couple years ago sold it but always wished I had got a stabilizer to see if it made a difference. Picking up an 09 r6 again this week.
Its one of those things. Better to have it if you happen to need it, then caught without one. Like seat belts, helmet, etc.

Our chassis aren't prone to head shake as much as say a kawi or triumph. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. More important on the street actually due to the road conditions. Hitting a bump under power or coming off a power wheelie with not so optimal tire pressures could send you into a bad situation.

I dunno. It's up to you if the benefits in safety are worth it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Its one of those things. Better to have it if you happen to need it, then caught without one. Like seat belts, helmet, etc.

Our chassis aren't prone to head shake as much as say a kawi or triumph. But that doesn't mean it can't happen. More important on the street actually due to the road conditions. Hitting a bump under power or coming off a power wheelie with not so optimal tire pressures could send you into a bad situation.

I dunno. It's up to you if the benefits in safety are worth it.
You know I did get some head shake that made my butthole tighten up now that I think about it with my old r6 lol. I thought these also assist with stabilization in turns too? No?

·
Slow is fast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I did get some head shake that made my butthole tighten up now that I think about it with my old r6 lol. I thought these also assist with stabilization in turns too? No?
It does a little bit by slowing/smoothing your steering inputs I guess, depending on how hard you set the damper.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Hyper pro use a progressive dampening. You won't notice it in turns, at least you shouldn't.

·
Slow is fast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hyper pro use a progressive dampening. You won't notice it in turns, at least you shouldn't.
Even on the lowest setting there is damping resistance in the stroke. So technically you should feel it. Granted its not much since the bars only move about an inch or two while turning.

·
Slow is fast
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump for my single r6-forum homies!

Spend the money you would've spent on flowers and dinner on this piece of motorcycle sex. :hump

1 - 15 of 15 Posts