Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got a small test run of these done here locally (6 sets of 6 nuts), and depending on the popularity, this might be a regular thing on the site.

$34.95 for 6. these are M10x1.25, so they fit nearly every bike out there. verify they fit yours before ordering.

They're live on the site.

http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82

use loctite, and torque to ~35 ft/lbs max... this is according to actual technicians... not a manual or factory specs. i think i put my current set of steel nuts on at around 50lbs. and just stopped b/c the "oem suggested 72 ft/lbs" had already broken about 4 studs on a few buddy's bikes.

anyhow... pics and payments.

Stock weight (in ounces)

Titanium (in ounces)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
I will give you some freshly trimmed pubes and a set of keys to a Mustang I no longer own. They may or may not smell of lubricant. Deal?

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and there's only 5 sets remaining. if they sell fast enough, i'll get more made.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Wow, not even a response..... Sometimes you make it easy to hate Texas.

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry... not sure how to reply. other than "save that mess for tyson"

amidoingitrite?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
man, if I only had a few extra bucks lying around right now. I do but i need it for the duc belt change.... if you have em in a few days, I might grab a set

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can set aside a set for ya if you're that serious. just lemme know - not a big deal homie.

·
Dirt track racing!
1,980 Posts
Nice nuts you got there! Do these come in a nice fuzzy cloth sack when ordered?

:laugh I am down for a set in a couple thousand miles when I change things out. Later this summer maybe if you still are selling em. Best of luck :)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
i can set aside a set for ya if you're that serious. just lemme know - not a big deal homie.
I find out the damage on my Duc tomorrow, so I should be able to let you know then. I also have to verify that they fit the Kawasaki. So don't hold a set for now, just in case. I know where you are and if you keep selling them, I can always get a set. I wouldn't mind cutting some rotational weight off the drag bike.

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just so you know... they're m10x1.25 size/thread in 17mm hex. :) same specs as the r6 nuts and quite a few others. just lemme know.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
just so you know... they're m10x1.25 size/thread in 17mm hex. :) same specs as the r6 nuts and quite a few others. just lemme know.
Im pretty sure they crosslist. I'll let you know, too, if it helps. Pretty common thread and size for that application, but I dont know if they are 17mm. And they are going on CZ wheel, so I might have to double check with them, but i was under the understanding that they used Kawasaki specs when they built those wheels. Ive been meaning to do it, just the whole kid thing put motorcycle stuff on hold. :laugh

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
3 sets left. Save ~45% of your rotating mass over stock nuts. Then use the multiplier formula to figure your effect. Worth the money for better drive outta corners, alone. Then the bling factor is pimp! ;)

(excuse typos, as this was a mobile posting)

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
They do appear to be the correct nuts for the stock kawi wheel, but I have to dig the drag bike out to double check those.

Bump for a great guy and a good seller of an awesome product

·
Dangerously Irish
9,551 Posts
3 sets left. Save ~45% of your rotating mass over stock nuts. Then use the multiplier formula to figure your effect. Worth the money for better drive outta corners, alone. Then the bling factor is pimp! ;)

(excuse typos, as this was a mobile posting)
hmmmmm....:popcorn:

·
Registered
456 Posts
2 sets left muahahahaaaa

These should go good with my 520 chain and aluminum rear sprocket!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
the original washers weigh a ton also you can change them out for some alum. or smaller SS ones to save even more weight. they look pimp for sure

1 - 20 of 192 Posts