Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Trackday junky
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FS: Yoshimura S1 Leather Jacket - NWT, Silver, US Sizes 46 & 48 - $159 shipped

Retails $379, I got them on closeout for $200. Too small on me, couldn't return them. Still in tissue wrap and the plastic bag with hangars. Selling for $159 shipped.

Sizing: I'm 6', 185 lbs. I wear a US size 43 or 44 suit. The Yoshimura size 46 jacket fits me like my one piece race suit -- very snug. If I wanted a snug fit, I would wear a Yosh size 46. But I don't like a snug fit in my street jackets, only in my race suits. So I bought the size 48 Yoshimura, which fit me perfectly, with a trim fit. But I wanted an even a looser fit, so I bought the size 50, which is very loose and perfect for what I wanted for touring.

See the Yoshimura size chart: http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/digital_assets/SizeChartYoshimuraJacket.gif

Their size guidelines are accurate if you want a fairly snug sport fit. Most people though should probably go with one size up from what they recommend. It all depends on how you like your jackets to fit.

The jacket:
The Yoshimura blurb says this was made to be the standard in sportbike jackets - and it is! Alpinestars jackets are top shelf, but in my experience, their fit is terrible, seem to be made for short, stocky people. Chest and sleeves of their jackets are too big, the armor moves around at the elbow, sleeves and length are too short. The fit is just totally cockeyed.

The Yoshimura jacket on the other hand is perfectly proportioned, and the most comfortable jacket I've ever tried on. Maybe it’s just me, but the chest and shoulder measurements seem to match better, the sleeves are long enough, the arms are perfectly sized so the armor stays in place. And the quality is better than Astars -- the leather is beautiful and heavy, but flexible, and the elbow and shoulder armor seem better than in the most expensive Astars jackets.

The S1 is an absolutely great design. The silver jacket will go with almost any bike and helmet color. See the pictures.

From the Yosh website:
- Produced with competition grade 1.3mm milled cowhide
- Rolled neoprene collar for comfort
- Two hand/cargo zippered pockets
- 1000D Cordura stretch arm panel for ease of movement
- Full frontal perforation with rear zippered exhaust vents
- Zippered cuff with leather/hook-and-loop closure
- Zip-out Thermolite insulated chest liner
- 8” & full-circumference zipper attaches to pants
- Original YKK zippers used throughout
- Removable CE armor in arms and shoulders, with back pad
- Sport fit
- Yoshimura logo on back and arm.

If you’re interested, please do not message me thru the Forum, since I don’t have a lot of time to spend on the web. Just email me privately at [email protected], or call me at 413-537-7526.

Thanks so much,

Leo

PS. If you email me or leave a message on my voice mail, don’t forget to leave your name!!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.