Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I decided to upgrade my brake system and naturally has turned into a cluster because I didn't know enough about front master differences before purchasing. Bike is an 01 yamaha r6. Bike has stock front master cylinder with after market fsr levers. So I order a new shindy nissin radial 19mm (17-656). Got it in yesterday and realized the master is completely different than stock, big problem is fsr lever won't work. So now stuck with trying to find red aftermarket lever that will work and somewhat matches my clutch lever. Lever that comes with the new Shindy is way too long.

Should I go with a shindy 651 or 652 just to make life easier? If so which one? Do you have any other new master recommendations where I don't have to buy new levers.

I am also on a tight budget. Under 250 but would like something a little better than stock. Bike was wrecked prior to rebuild so not sure it it's ok so rather replace unit with new as opposed to rebuild.

Thanks

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Why didn't you purchase a R6/R1 Brembo stock master?

Got pics of the cluster?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I wanted to upgrade from stock. Who knows that is problem what it boils down to. Anyway, fP racing offered to build me a perch for their r and benefit. Only cost to me is shipping. That is customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts