Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here running quick shifter and blipper on an 08-16 R6?

Im interested in fitting this to my bike, but not sure if :
a) this can actually be done on a '13 R6
b) how to set it up

I found this on FTECU website:
which says its for quick shifter, or blipper

and this:
which talks about QS function, but not blipper (but DOES say its push / pull like the above link.

SO Im a tad confused - can I buy the second link, and make it do both?
DO I need to buy the QS in the second link, then buy a second sensor (1st link) to get both?

I already have a bike side harness on the bike.

appreciate any help!

·
Tires tell no lies
737 Posts
The old revision used two solenoids for QS and blip. The latest revision that was just released its a single sensor for both QS and autoblip. I think you need the FTECU flash tune first, then enable the license for the autoblip QS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers.

I contacted FTECU, and they told me that the '13 ecu is not compatible with autoblip, only the '17 and up is. thats a pain, it would be really handy on the track, and I cant really justify buying a newer bike. oh well.

·
Tires tell no lies
737 Posts
Interesting. Maybe try a different vendor. I have a 2017 so of course it worked for me. I know there are more than 1 brand. Atleast get the quickshift. Still worth it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. Maybe try a different vendor. I have a 2017 so of course it worked for me. I know there are more than 1 brand. Atleast get the quickshift. Still worth it.
yeah, Im talking to woolich at the moment, who seem like they can provide a whole suite for tuning, QS and blipper, with option for a bunch of other addons like launch control etc as well if I wanted it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts