Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I am in need of help.

I was at the track a few days ago and my I had no power after the first corner.

opened up the bike and saw the fuel injector fuse had blown which was the cause. However, after replacing the fuse, it starts and revs fine at a standstill, but once I got moving on the track, it blew again.

I unbolted the tank, started the bike with a new fuse, and started shaking all wires and the harness to simulate moving/vibrations, but it did not blow the fuse (somewhat elimating an open/broken wire)

I am leading to replacing the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel strainer just in case theyre so old and clogged up which is causing the circuit to overload.

Any other possibilities would be appreciated.

TLDR: the relay clicks and the bike starts but when moving, the fuel injector fuse blows

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Looking at a diagram from the previous generation of bike, it runs through the starting circuit cut-off relay then powers the pump, ECU and injectors. I suspect the ECU uses this fuse to power your ignition coils. Remove your ignition coils and inspect for evidence of shorting. Without looking I believe the fuel pump circuit for third-gen is completely different from prior generation. Unlike previous, it will increase load, based on engine demand. Prior generation runs at a constant speed no matter what. Check the manual... there might be resistance checks for some part of the fuel pump assembly/circuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts