Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike wont start, narrowed my issue down to electrical. Fuel pump is not getting power and is not priming, however when I press the start button the pump gets power and operates correctly.

The starter relay and cut off relay both show continuity. Any other ideas or ways to bypass a relay?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled the main relay from under the tank/seat and tested the diode per the manual. It says to test continuity between 1 and 2 with the positive test probe on 1. I get no continuity when I do this however when I switch the probes the manual states I should not get continuity however I do have continuity. I figured this meant the relay was bad, but the rest of the tests failed in the same manner.

If the relay is bad is it likely to fail all the test or just one?

Anyone with a running bike willing to test theirs and see what you get? The testing procedure is attached.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump now primes, bike still wont start. It sounds like its going to start but never does. I have a video a may upload

·
Only Jealous Ones Envy
848 Posts
The fuel pump now primes, bike still wont start. It sounds like its going to start but never does. I have a video a may upload
What did you do to get it to prime or was it priming the entire time?
Did you hook up the TPS plugs in the correct location? Its possible to swap the plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts