Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I had my Yamaha R6 1999 for quite few years left in the garage as had no time to ride. I finally decided to bring it back to life. First the bike wouldn’t start as the battery was totally flat. Tried charging it but it doesn’t show any signs of life. Bought new battery and replaced it. When I have tried starting the bike it cranked and went off and then wasn’t able to start again and couldn’t hear the fuel pump priming didn’t even crank anymore . Thought it must be a fuel relay as can’t see what else could it be. Ordered new fuel relay, connected it and switched on the ignition, kill switch into on position but still can’t hear the pump priming, tried starting the engine, it cranked for couple of seconds and died, trying to start again and nothing happens. So it kinda feels the new relay has burned too. Both relays click when I flick the kill switch into on position but rather than that nothing happens. Anyone had similar problem or have any clue where the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently bought my 08’ r6 which sat for a long time too. The previous owner never put any type of fuel stabilizer in the tank and just added new fuel in the old fuel and on top of that added way to much fuel injector cleaner as well. Short story it fouled my plugs and stopped up my fuel pump. My fault I started it and rode it home and it smoked and after 15 miles died. Bought a new fuel pump and cleaned all the lines as well as plugs. Runs now like a champ. I would guess fuel pump went bad and the old gas gunked it up. Probably need new plugs as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts