·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how many miles a 04 r6 can go on it fuel reserve. Just wondering

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I've gone about 21 miles with the light on. I didn't push it or rev it, just out in nowhere and wanted to make it to a gas station. I'm not saying that's how far you'll get, but I made it that far - once. Lessons have been learned.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
I have been 28 miles on mine...BUT...I know when I fill up I put about 4 gallons in, so that means that there is still .5 gal left in there, which is another 15 miles or so....BUT, I wouldn't trust it :)

20 miles or so, be safe...remember, warming up and sitting at lights is burning fuel, and not adding miles ;) ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well.. I can go a long ways lol.. 80-100.. But of course, my fuel light comes on after 2.2-2.3 gallons of fuel used (half tank).. Always seemed weird to me :roll:

·
Banned
786 Posts
Mine kicks in at right around 3.5 gallons, and I have gone as far as 35 miles on res. And it only took 3.87 gal to fill it up. But I live in Texas, and variances in altitude will have different affects on fuel consumption as well as riding habits... YEA!

·
Banned
286 Posts
lol

i dont really like to push it on reserve ive gone in the 20's before i also live in texas west texas... ive been told you can get 40 outta it.. but i mean if you keep the revs up you get less miles no brainer??? why don tyou get a buddy with a trailer then you can actually check and find out and let all of us know exaclty what is up with it :) :twisted:

·
Banned
286 Posts
well

well then you dont need to worry about it lol,, nah forreal tho if you have your owners manual it tells you how much you have in the tank when the reserve light comes on... with that you should be about able to figure out the milieage you have left in the tank when the reserve light comes on!!!!!

if you dont have your owner manual you can down load it from yammi hawwwwww

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I KNOW my reserve comes on @ 2.2-2.3 gallons.. For 5 straight fill-ups, I gas'ed right when the light came on, and it only took that amount.. Ive also gone nearly 100 miles on reserve (with very conservative riding, 2 upshifts @ once instead of one, cruise town in 6th).. Best Ive ever done is around 200 miles on a tank..

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
iamcyclopseatme said:
Well I KNOW my reserve comes on @ 2.2-2.3 gallons.. For 5 straight fill-ups, I gas'ed right when the light came on, and it only took that amount.. Ive also gone nearly 100 miles on reserve (with very conservative riding, 2 upshifts @ once instead of one, cruise town in 6th).. Best Ive ever done is around 200 miles on a tank..
that's just nuts. Best that I've done was 65 or so I think... and that was highway riding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My light comes on right at 3.5 used up. I checked my fuel milage the other day, I get 41 mpg, and that's with only a little over 300 miles on the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not really applicaple for the street, but during last years Toyota 200 my 03 r6 went 22.6 miles at race pace then ran out, leaving me to coast in to the pits losing a couple of laps. but that's race gas and max rpm's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts