Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know that on my 02 the fuel petcock was underneath the tank. But my question is, does the 07 model even have a fuel shutoff on it? I really haven't looked for it yet, but I was thinking that when I store my car for the winter I don't shut the fuel off just because it has fuel injection. Are we supposed to treat newer fuel injected bikes the same, or do they still have a fuel shutoff just like the carb'd bikes do? Sorry for the lame question...

Thanks

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
The fuel pump is in the tank, no fuel comes out unless the pump is on. When you pull the tank all I've gotten is about 2 drips of fuel out of the pump when pulling the fuel line off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you can't shut the fuel off the bike come winter when it's time to store the bike then huh? What do you guys do then, run them out of gas for the storage season? I wouldn't want to leave the tank empty all winter...

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
Metal tank, don't leave it empty, fill the tank up, put some seafoam in it and leave it. It can't leak fuel because the only way out of the tank is through the pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts