Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 r6's gas tank was painted on the inside about 4yrs ago. I'm 55/45 about using stabilizer due to inside of metal tank possibly accumulating small rust particles.
Any opinions??

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
My 08 r6's gas tank was painted on the inside about 4yrs ago. I'm 55/45 about using stabilizer due to inside of metal tank possibly accumulating small rust particles.
Any opinions??
Are you using stabilizer for storage reasons? I can’t speak so much on that end because I never have to store my bike away in Florida. But I’d assume over a winter a tank of non ethanol would be fine. Or Lucas stabilizer. Just drop some VP octane booster and or a splash of seafoam before your first ride back. Unless it’s high humidity I don’t think you’ll have a flash rust problem

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
Ya winter storage is about Dec throu April maybe March. I live 20 miles from Boston, Mass. I use 93 in my bike.
What was used to coat the inside of the tank? I’m building a stunt tank and I’m unsure if I should use a sealer or just vinegar and a good clean when I’m finished

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, I think I'm gunna stick with the stabil 360 ethanol treatment or VP stabilizer. It sucks that there's so many out there and a lot of them do more harm than good

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,651 Posts
This reminds me I need to drain my tank.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts