Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I have a full SS akra system. I've had it a couple months and its still in the box. (I unboxed it to look at it and put it back)

I just found a deal on a another bike i want so im hesitant to mock up the exhaust because i think i want to sell the r6.

The vendor i bought it from requires a 15% restocking fee. So before i do that, would posting a full akra SS system get bites at the $1300 price point or should i just send it back to the vendor.

I haven't decided to sell the bike yet so i don't want to post it in the F/S section. Ive never sold anything of this value and something that wasn't used.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It wouldn't be impossible to sell but it could take a while. Most people who buy "2nd hand" are looking for a deal. i.e.- 25% off retail. It would help to know the exact configuration and reference links to sights selling the exact exhaust for more than you are asking. My guess is it would only get you ~$100 more out of the exhaust. It really depends on how patient you are and how much time you have to deal with people.

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with that 100%

It is a full SS akra system for 08+ (was meant to go on a 2012) with a carbon fiber can.

I don't think 100 is worth my time.
I was thinking if someone was wanting one I could give them the exact same thing a couple hundred cheaper, if it would work out the same for me.

Im in dallas so if you know anyone ha

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Five foot nine, I didnt know they stacked shit that high....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Id sent it back and know my mistake cost me some dough.... Easier than selling it.

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Five foot nine, I didnt know they stacked shit that high....
Haha I love it

Id sent it back and know my mistake cost me some dough.... Easier than selling it.
I am of this persuasion as well. Was just wondering if it was worth giving someone a shot at it.
I will also be at the Austin, TX motogp so Ill prob wait until then to send it back...or maybe the vendor i bought it from will be represented there

·
Registered
439 Posts
Agreeing with red is dead. Send it back. Better then dealing with some random guy that could in the end say he never relieved the pipe. Of course that is worse case scenario. 15 percent is like what 200$? It sucks but no on is going to give you 1100$ for it. At least I wouldn't.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Id offer $850 tops. New they are $1250
That is about what I paid for my used one. Something like $800 after shipping. I'd offer a little more for a new one, but getting anyone to go over $1000 is going to be tough.

Who knows though, this is all just speculation. Toss it up on the forums and/or craigslist and see if you have any takers for reasonable amounts. it doesn't cost you anything to try. Just check the return policy to see if you have time constraints.

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Id offer $850 tops. New they are $1250
Mine is new. Opened, but never mounted

That is about what I paid for my used one. Something like $800 after shipping. I'd offer a little more for a new one, but getting anyone to go over $1000 is going to be tough.

Who knows though, this is all just speculation. Toss it up on the forums and/or craigslist and see if you have any takers for reasonable amounts. it doesn't cost you anything to try.
20% comes out to about a grand.

If i could give someone a deal at 1000 id prob do it.
Still contemplating getting rid of the r6 and that why i dont just throw it up.

·
Registered
439 Posts
But actually thinking this over again, there is no way in hell I would ever give the company a 20 percent restocking fee. That's ridiculous. I would rather keep the exhaust for 50 years and wait for it to sell for 1000 or more to someone. Put it on eBay is probably the best bet. Just list it as new(other) and put in the description that you just opened it. The dealer you got it from is really screwing people. I can understand like 5 percent. But 20??? Come on.

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But actually thinking this over again, there is no way in hell I would ever give the company a 20 percent restocking fee. That's ridiculous. I would rather keep the exhaust for 50 years and wait for it to sell for 1000 or more to someone. Put it on eBay is probably the best bet. Just list it as new(other) and put in the description that you just opened it. The dealer you got it from is really screwing people. I can understand like 5 percent. But 20??? Come on.
I agree

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts

I bet they are being charged a 15-20% restocking fee themselves. It was probably a special order item too. So it is to be expected

·
oh yeah
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to update. The exhaust was posted and sold in a day for 1k. Had another guy say he wouldve taken it had payment not gone through.

moral of the story, dont return it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts