Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys I was wondering if i should I buy a full system exhaust or should I just buy a slip-on and some performance headers? Please let me know your input planning on buying an exhaust system soon. Thank You

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you wanted to buy a slip on with performance headers, then just buy a full system. At least then you are getting a full system that is tested and tuned for performance. Just putting headers on prolly wouldn't do as much as you think they would unless you get a performance mid pipe also, and by then your putting a full system on anyway. If you go full trust me its worth it you wont be disappointed.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Full System Man!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I say slip-on only because it is a huge difference in price. Plus you could always buy a y-pipe off of ebay and that eliminates the cat. Then you technically have a full system exhaust. Get a power commander with a custom map done and you will still be out the door for alot less money then a full system exhaust. If there is a difference it is a horse or 2 nothing worth the extra money.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I say slip-on only because it is a huge difference in price. Plus you could always buy a y-pipe off of ebay and that eliminates the cat. Then you technically have a full system exhaust. Get a power commander with a custom map done and you will still be out the door for alot less money then a full system exhaust. If there is a difference it is a horse or 2 nothing worth the extra money.
:roll
:hehe

Are you serious dude?:popcorn:

·
Registered
45 Posts
actually I am very serious, and if you pulled out the calculator and did the math you would see I am serious instead of putting a sarcastic reply on a post that is opinion based anyways. I have had a few r6's now and I have done that on 1 and compared it to a bike with a graves full system on a dyno and the power was virtually the same. Now getting back to what I was saying which was price!!!!!!! I don't think it is worth the extra money unless you are a serious racer, not just a street rider that does the ocasional track day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok.. Full system is great.. but what is the best in performance??
I have a discussion here, but i don't know what is the best to buy and witch is the best for bucks?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok.. Full system is great.. but what is the best in performance??
I have a discussion here, but i don't know what is the best to buy and witch is the best for bucks?
full system is the best for performance. but you will lose a tiny bit of power in the low end only because you lose some back pressure. bang for the buck depends on you and what your doing with the bike. I used to believe that full system is the way to go but I have a full system termingoni on my R1 and I didn't like spending the extra money on something that I only take to the track a few times a year and that is where you would really notice it anyways. Go to a shop that does dyno's and ask them to look up a couple different maps with your bike and compare for yourself and then see if it is worth the extra 1000+ dollars

·
Registered
24 Posts
full system is the best for performance. but you will lose a tiny bit of power in the low end only because you lose some back pressure. bang for the buck depends on you and what your doing with the bike. I used to believe that full system is the way to go but I have a full system termingoni on my R1 and I didn't like spending the extra money on something that I only take to the track a few times a year and that is where you would really notice it anyways. Go to a shop that does dyno's and ask them to look up a couple different maps with your bike and compare for yourself and then see if it is worth the extra 1000+ dollars
Thanks for the answer.. But i wanted to know what kind on full exhaust must i buy? Leo? Akra? What gives me the best performance for drag bike..

·
Forum Moderator
3,120 Posts
I'm running the full Akra Evo Ti with custom mapping and love it. The Graves and Leo offer great full systems too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts