Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase and install a full system on my 08 R6 by myself. I have done my research and still have couple questions regarding the whole process. I think the following are the required parts. Due to limited budget, I'm aiming for $800 full systems.

1. Full System
- M4 Exhaust Full Race System Yamaha R6 2008-12
- Arrow Full Race Exhaust Systems Yamaha YZF R6
2. PCV
3. Autotune
4. Air Filter
5. Smog block off plate (?)

Question 1:
Is smog off plate necessary? It seems like its a very tough task since it requires a lot of 'removing' and re installing.

Question 2:
To install autotune, is it simply plug and play? Do I load the map first and then start up the bike? or is there some sort of configuration before I start the bike?

I can find information regarding installation here and there but not sure if they're all complete or not.

Much appreciate for any helps and tips.

Full System Installation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDQNYyrgzI4

PCV Insllation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii-rIlCVVmQ
PCV Installation PDF
http://www.revzilla.com/assets/0000/3776/dynojet_power_commander_vfor_yamaha_r620082009.pdf

Smog Block off Plate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXKhzadKRs

Attachments

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
To get a true A/F reading, yes the block offs are necessary. I can't comment reference the AutoTune, I went the Bazzaz route.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Look into flashing the ECU, you may not need PCV/autotune with an ECU flash.

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Best setup is ecu flash + pcV and autotune. If you have a good resource then you can have them help you setup the autotune and smooth the map it makes off a base map. It makes a very very choppy map. But it does make more power for sure. I do find that the bazzaz is a little better in regards to the map it makes. But both work and work very well.

When I do flashes for people with the pcV and autotune they get smoothing of the map after they ride it as part of the service. I send em a base map with target AFR's setup and verified. Then after they apply trims or at least pull the map with trims in the trim tables I apply em and smooth it out too.

But if you're not getting the autotune. And not getting a dyno tune, you're just gonna download a map and load it to a PCV and never touch it again, you might as well have a map flashed into the ecu. Hopefully whoever is doing it knows what to do with the map prior to importing it. There's quite a bit of cleanup, smoothing and fueling changes to get a smooth throttle operation out of a downloaded map.

:YEA

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for any tips. So basically, another alternative is to have the full system + air filter + flashing ecu.

I can then forget about the PCV and autotune.

PCV + autone does make the bike less choppy?

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Thanks for any tips. So basically, another alternative is to have the full system + air filter + flashing ecu.

There are other benefits to reflashing as well....check with Anthony...he'd spend a good hour to you talking over the benefits of reflashing the ECU :laugh

·
Registered
139 Posts

If u have it flashed by Anthony, it won't be choppy! And yes there are other benefits too

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yah... a flash is less than $150 from a reputable shop. Then you dont need any piggy back components unless you want to waste $$$ on them.
This is not always true. I have a KIT ecu on my built bike and the fuel values were maxxed out in many places, requiring that we add a Bazzaz....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts