Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking into purchasing a lap timer then it dawned on me that the bike comes with one. Does it work with a standard transponder? Or is it worthless and am I better off buying something for $200?
Thanks, Chris

·
wat?
722 Posts
fyi xt's mini lap timer is perfect if all you need is basic functionality. considerably cheaper than the other options.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered an XT Racing mini lap timer last night. $99 at Superbikestore.net. Customer service is great. He dosen't have any in stock right today but he is going to send it 2 day so I should have it by the weekend. Nice guy.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
buy an extra battery for it. mine died 2 hours after I opened the box!
they are about $3 it's a popular watch type battery CR2032

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Will do. And where did you place yours on the bike. Im thinking the tail so Im not tempted to look at and and no obstructing the IR with my arms.

·
wat?
722 Posts
Thanks! Will do. And where did you place yours on the bike. Im thinking the tail so Im not tempted to look at and and no obstructing the IR with my arms.
That's where I put mine. I thought about the tank but worried about the IR as well.

And my battery has lasted a lot longer than 2 hours :*tongue

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I'm sure I got hosed then...LOL.

since I still have a headlight, I stuck my velcro to it.
here's another tip for you,
where ever you decide to stick the velcro, use a alcohol wipe to clean the spot first. I had some armorall or something on mine, and it didn't stick at all. I had to go buy more.
I was screwed all the way around!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts