Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI. I purchased a used 2002 R6 Full Tiforce system and it fit pretty well on my 2003 R6. Only difference is how it mounts to the passenger peg which was easily taken care of. Not sure if other brands would fit or not however.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Good to know.

I am curious to see how many other brands are interchangeable. I wish i would have known this a few weeks ago when I could have picked up a Hindle slip on for an 03 for $75. It may actually have fit on my 01.

What was the modification you had to do to the passenger foot peg?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would imagine that ANY slip on with the same size mid-pipe would "FIT"...

But I am not sure if it would run efficiently, or offer any improvement in how the bike ran. Who knows, it could even lead to damage if the flow characteristics were that far off.

I think I will wait for a good deal on a system MEANT for the '03.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There are pictures of the install. There wasn't any modification to the footpeg really but a piece of metal that connects to the factory location.

Just make not that i doubt the slip on from the 02- models would fit the 03+. This is just to show that the FULL sytem would fit. This could save people TONS of money as purchasing a used full system is much cheaper than new..sometimes 50% off or more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RockyR6 said:
I would imagine that ANY slip on with the same size mid-pipe would "FIT"...

But I am not sure if it would run efficiently, or offer any improvement in how the bike ran. Who knows, it could even lead to damage if the flow characteristics were that far off.

I think I will wait for a good deal on a system MEANT for the '03.
In response to your post. I actually called Ti-Force about this before my purchase. THey said they ran a few 2002 Systems on 2003 bikes for their race sponsors through the beginning of the season with lots of sucess. Who knows..they might even have sold some 2002 units as 2003.

As for damage....um...I highly doubt. The techie i talked to at ti-force said the 2003 unit netted less than a 1whp improvement on an 03 bike vs a 2002 system on a 2003 bike.

I'll dyno my bike soon enough and we'll see. So far So good to me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
jasamb said:
Good to know.

I wish i would have known this a few weeks ago when I could have picked up a Hindle slip on for an 03 for $75.
ermm... Next time you run across a deal like that... tell a brotha, will ya? BASTARD!! i mean... :mrgreen:

Alden

·
Registered
836 Posts
R6Elmo said:
In response to your post. I actually called Ti-Force about this before my purchase. THey said they ran a few 2002 Systems on 2003 bikes for their race sponsors through the beginning of the season with lots of sucess. Who knows..they might even have sold some 2002 units as 2003.

As for damage....um...I highly doubt. The techie i talked to at ti-force said the 2003 unit netted less than a 1whp improvement on an 03 bike vs a 2002 system on a 2003 bike.

I'll dyno my bike soon enough and we'll see. So far So good to me.
This is probably why I ride bikes instead of build them. :jester

1 - 7 of 7 Posts