Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It looks like tyhis guy put a lot of work into this idea.

The Problem:

No facts to back it up.

I would really have to be using my imagination HARD to be able to agree that this would make a big difference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
:stupic I agree with xr6ross the exhaust firms put lots of money into development they give you the best setup they can (But you never know!) If you try it get back to us

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have heard this before. At high speeds, like abouve 100-115 mph, I think it makes sence.

We need to look at factory preped race bikes from a few angles and then a stock bike with the same exhaust and see if they pipes are at the same angle. Like a rider sponsored by Akropovic compared to a bike with aftermarket Akra.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have heard this before. At high speeds, like abouve 100-115 mph, I think it makes sence.

We need to look at factory preped race bikes from a few angles and then a stock bike with the same exhaust and see if they pipes are at the same angle. Like a rider sponsored by Akropovic compared to a bike with aftermarket Akra.

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's crap...you can name everything on the bike that gets in wind and argue this point. I can't believe they are saying that 5 degrees is going to make a difference. So called "Top Speed Racers" take the mirrors and stuff off to get that extra .0003 mph. If you are going for a Guiness record, then you need all the help you can get, but for the rest of us, it's just silly.
"Maybe if I take the footpegs off, and tuck my feet behind the speedometer...that should free up some drag."
Say you are going 190mph. Let's also say the air coming out of the can is going 190mph in the opposite direction (a little fast I think, but this is a theory), that means that the air is just going to be dead, right.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
miraclegrau said:
Say you are going 190mph. Let's also say the air coming out of the can is going 190mph in the opposite direction (a little fast I think, but this is a theory), that means that the air is just going to be dead, right.
this assumes it was an animate object in the first place.....

anyways, i tried this "alignment" on my bike and it worked. freed up something like 40hp. but that could also be attributed to the new stickers and the double inverted carbon infused titanium wing I put on my bike......

·
Registered
995 Posts
it makes alot of sense.all those little things add up when your racing

·
Registered
327 Posts
THAT'S IT...I'm going to do it...NO, NO, NO, ther'es no stopping me now!!!

I'm pulling off my valve stem caps for less unsprung weight.

·
Registered
494 Posts
miraclegrau said:

Your just getting around to doing that now? That's like the first mod I did... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
miraclegrau said:

the ultimate way to remove unsprung weight is to remove the springs themselves.......

I'm sensing some sarcasm from ya Char.......maybe like <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> much.....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya, replace it with helium and the teflon coated tires Jas has. They have almost zero rolling resistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts