Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Bought used Galfer Brake Lines for 06 r6; and the banjo bolt for master cylinder does not fit. (Feels like it will strip bolt or thread)...

Does anyone know the years of fitting? common websites say 2006-2012.

This picture may help: (oem bolt thread looks 'bigger' than galfer bolt)...

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,319 Posts
Yes it is a size. 10mm with a 1.25 thread/mm pitch (that's coarse thread) The one you have is a 10mm with a 1.0 thread pitch.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you!
confirming:
OEM Bolt is: 1.25 thread/mm pitch (ON LEFT)
Galfer bolt i have is: 1.0 thread/mm pitch (ON RIGHT)

So, I need to buy a Galfer Banjo Bolt with a 1.25 thread/mm pitch...

Anyone know where i can purchase the bolt? (everything online is the entire kit :(

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
my bad... m10x1.25 is the banjo size (m10) and thread pitch (1.25). the stock master cylinder is an m10x1.25. the aftermarket brembos and other name-brand european brands are m10x1.0. from the looks of it, you have a 1.0 double banjo on the right, and a 1.25 single banjo on the left.

hope that helps you figure it out. most bike shops carry banjos, and MOST of the time, they're universal. so just find one that fits and run with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AWESOME!!!
That helps more than you know.
I'll visit a local shop rather than hours of searching online.
Thanks a lot guys! :)

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
my bad... m10x1.25 is the banjo size (m10) and thread pitch (1.25). the stock master cylinder is an m10x1.25. the aftermarket brembos and other name-brand european brands are m10x1.0. from the looks of it, you have a 1.0 double banjo on the right, and a 1.25 single banjo on the left.

hope that helps you figure it out. most bike shops carry banjos, and MOST of the time, they're universal. so just find one that fits and run with it.
Yep

Fren Tubo banjo bolt and lines:

Probolt titanium banjo bolt with the same lines. This banjo bolt worked just fine with Spiegler lines, where the banjo fittings are thinner.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is really helpful.
just ordered one from a local shop for $10 bucks.
(10mm / 1.25x)...
Does you guys know the years for galfer lines fitting? I have a 06 r6.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts