Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many people have this mod? i read about it some where on the net and decided to do it. got the wires sodered (i dont know to spell that word correctly) to the circuit board of the opener and hooked it directly to the battery. put the opener in the front fairing and it works like a mother ******...SICK. just thought i would share......maybe it wont be so cool in the morning when im a little bit more sober but it is fucking cool shit tonight.................later

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I did that mod this summer.

I wired my door opener up to the Trunk release button on my alarm transmitter. Fuckin sweet!!

It's so nice not having to carry the opener in my coat pocket and not have to dick with taking my gloves off before punching the keys on the door opener to my garage. Just roll up hit the button and cruise in :cheers

also, now i have 2 remote garage door openers for the price of one...just carry my second transmitter anywhere i go, very nice

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have my done. The transmitter is under the seat and the push button was mounted in the steering bolt hole. This setup works great and my switch was a red LED switch so it makes the bike looks like it had an alarm. But now I have a Scott Damper which covers the hole so I relocated the switch to the left of the bike above the coolant reservoir. The problem now is that I have to take my left hand from the clutch so I can't reach for it while trying to slow down and leaning into a turn into my house.

I am looking for a smaller switch that can me mounted to the right of the turn signal but I haven't found one yet.

BTW - if you are planning on this setup, you may need a relay like I did. Without a relay the garage signal runs through all the wire that lead to the front of the bike and when the bike heat up the wire, the signal is loose and it would some time work and sometime not work.

Using a relay solved that problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts