Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure theres alot of talk on this especially with the rising fuel cost, but im just curious, how many miles on a full tank of gas do you guys normaly get, and what year is you bike, i have an 06 r6 and when i fill it up, my gas light comes on around 130 miles and ive gone 27 miles with in on before so im gettin maybe 160 miles out of a tank, i have a pc3 and yosh exhaust. i know a kid whos got a gixer 600 same year and hes gettin around 200 a tank and i think its the same size tank as mine, i just thought id be able to get a little better fuel milage thats all.

·
I Eat Steak
1,809 Posts
it all depends on how you ride. If you're goosing it every chance you get you're milage isn't going to be that great. Also depends on where you're at. I see you're in mass, so the colder air helps get a few more miles. Down here during the winter when it's around 70 (which feels like 40 in the northeast - trust me, i've lived there too) I get about 140 miles on a tank not including the "f-trip" but in the summer when it's really humid and sticky i get about 100 to a tank, and that's going on just to and from school riding, nothing crazy. The bikes' an 05 btw.

·
Forum Moderator
3,098 Posts
Sounds about normal for a '06. I think your Gixxer friend is a little on the high side if he's getting 200 miles per tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Skeeter said:
Sounds about normal for a '06. I think your Gixxer friend is a little on the high side if he's getting 200 miles per tank.
does your gixxer friend have aftermarket sprockets? I am not 100% sure but I think that it screws up your odometer reading along with you speedometer.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no its 100% stock

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an 03, and I get about 130 to 150 before the fuel light comes on. This is just normal riding to and from school/work.

·
2003 R6
691 Posts
I have an 03 with micron slip on and pcIII and ill get around 110-120ish when my gas light comes on and thats driving normal around town with playing a little bit. Interstate driving and stuff I seem to get about 140ish

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
07. Usually get around 130 before the light comes on. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on the riding. Guy at work has 07 GSXR750 and another guy with a GSXR1000. We all need gas at about the same time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts