Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles do you guys get out of a full tank of gas in your R6? Also how many can you get after the gas light comes on?...or do you even care
:worship

·
Registered
836 Posts
I used to get about 120 miles before the warning light came on. Never really pushed my luck after that, but I went at least 20 miles on low a couple times.

I used to get between 35-40 mpg on the open road.

I get about 100 miles out of a full tank now. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I usually get at least 150 mile out of a full tank. I have gone 30 miles after light came on and only put 4.1 gallons in the tank. Still had .4 gallons left, could have made 40 miles easy right. If you are getting 40 mlies per gallon you should get 160 miles out of a tank and still have half a gallon left.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i usually get 40 mpg. and i do use my bike some so its not being babied all the time. as far as when the light comes on, im not sure but i do usually just get gas cause im not in a hurry when it comes on most of the time.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I usually get around 140 to a tank. Never really went past about 20 miles after fuel light came on.

Probably around 100 per tank when i get done with mapping for my mods....oh well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I usualy get aroun 180 out of my tank before the light goes on. I have gotten 215 with the light on before. 02 R6, Yoshi Slip-on, Stage 1 dyno-jet kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
GokuSSJ4NR said:
I usualy get aroun 180 out of my tank before the light goes on. I have gotten 215 with the light on before. 02 R6, Yoshi Slip-on, Stage 1 dyno-jet kit.
wohhhhh
i thought dyno jet will drink more petrol????

mine(stock) 155miles then the light lite up

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also thought that I would use more gas. When I first bought my bike brand new, I would only get about 90-100 miles out of a tank, but now I get more than that. I would have thought that when the bike gets older, I would use more gas.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
GokuSSJ4NR said:
please tell me you mean kilometers, cause if not thats insane gas mileage for any sport bike

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm being serious, I don't ride that hard though. Actually I just filled up today and I had a total of 197 miles on that tank, but i did go 4.6 miles into the fuel light.

·
Registered
586 Posts
With my 99 i get about 150mi before light. This may be a dumb question but since changing the sprockets can change the speedo, it will also change the mileage right? (unless a speedo healer)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea, unfortunatley your mpg will change. I don't know if it's that server though. I think i'm going to change my gearing as well withing this month.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I get around 130 when the light comes on... I've gotten 150 before when I'm not dicking around...

-Solace...

P.S. How far can you go when the light comes on, and technically how much gas is left when it comes on?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
r6boater said:
With my 99 i get about 150mi before light. This may be a dumb question but since changing the sprockets can change the speedo, it will also change the mileage right? (unless a speedo healer)
technically no, cause youll still get the same miles on it, but until you get the speedo fixed youll actually get more miles per gallon :mrgreen:

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
on average the light comes on at about 120-130 miles, depending on the beating.

Last weekend I rode 156 miles before the light even came on.

When the light comes on I have gone about 20 miles without a problem, but I usually fill up before I put the 6 up for the night. I do not like to leave a tank empty at night, the whole water & condensation in the tank thing does not sit well with me.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hey I made it 36 miles the other day then i ran out of gas......good thing i was pulling into the gas station when she started to sputter.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
drhodes said:
.....but I usually fill up before I put the 6 up for the night. I do not like to leave a tank empty at night, the whole water & condensation in the tank thing does not sit well with me.
Good catch there! I never thought of it but I do agree with the
condensation issue...espcially in cold mornings!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts