Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
When in doubtThrottle out
5,061 Posts
With enough money anything is fixable. The cheapest route is sell it to a trackday guy and buy a pristine tank.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I didnt see it, but if its dented and scraped, sell it to a track guy and buy a clean one off the internetz. Way easier and cheaper.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
If it doesn't leak. Put a sticker over it and keep riding.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts

·
\o/
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt see it, but if its dented and scraped, sell it to a track guy and buy a clean one off the internetz. Way easier and cheaper.
I'll probably just do that, but couldn't find any white tank yet.

If it doesn't leak. Put a sticker over it and keep riding.
:)

Thanks. Should have bought those long time ago!!

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
Why not just file a insurance claim. If having a dent in your tank is the only thing that bothers you, just use your insurance? Fixing this thing at this angle is hard to do, unless you have a rivet welder and puller. I have heard of horror stories using this method. I might try it one of these days, seeing that I have a wrecked tank to mess with.

·
\o/
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why not just file a insurance claim. If having a dent in your tank is the only thing that bothers you, just use your insurance? Fixing this thing at this angle is hard to do, unless you have a rivet welder and puller. I have heard of horror stories using this method. I might try it one of these days, seeing that I have a wrecked tank to mess with.
Not only the tank. Exhaust, right left fairings, right clip on, rear set all damaged.

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
Yeah. You might want to just file the claim and be done with it. If they try and tell you that they might total it because of the damage, just tell them that all you want is enough to get the tank replaced. Sell the old tank, and use that money for the other replacement parts. Ebay is a pretty good place for replacment parts. Sometimes you have to wait for the good cheap deals though. They are out there. This forum is a great place too. You just have to be quick.

·
\o/
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I file a claim, will my insurance increase?
For now, I'll just buy the ETI tank guards and just wait till I find a good deal on this forum, ebay and craigslist.
can I find out the original color of my motorcycle with vin#? just wondering

1 - 11 of 11 Posts